MPI are looking for a permanent Commercial Estimator for our aviation-based customer based at Stansted Airport.
To play a key role in the submission of quotations and tenders on behalf of the company. To determine and develop the most suitable and economically viable engineering methods for projects. You will estimate timescales for completion and ensure progress to plan by working closely with site managers, purchasing and other engineers at all stages, co-ordinating the materials, plant, equipment and labour in line with customer requirements. You will also act as the primary commercial interface between the Company and its customers, drafting contracts, negotiating, and liaising as appropriate.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Ensure stable, transparent and traceable market driven cost structures and provide accurate costing and pricing figures to the company’s business development team
• Support the development, implementation and optimization of market driven costings and manage and analyse all materials against a project
• To estimate CNC 3, 4, 5 Axis Milling and Turning.
• To estimate complex fabricated parts, pressings, stretch form, heat treatment, pipe/ducts and wet/dry Assembly.
• Obtain material, bought out and treatment prices and lead-times.
• Produce accurate costing estimates in response to customers / product developments
• Read and assess drawings confidently, be able to interpret MODELS and Lofts
• Ensure that Customer expectations are met and exceeded and identify areas for improvement
• Preparation of quotes/submission, putting bids together and agreeing contracts
• Liaise with internal colleagues regarding product set-up, routings and other technical aspects
• Perform any other duties within your capabilities as directed by the Company
• Stay compliant with the latest manufacturing technologies
SKILLS AND EXPERIECE:
• Estimating within either CNC milling in 3,4,5-axis / CNC Turning/ Fabrication and/or Assembly is essential
• Previous experience in estimating and costing is essential
• Experience within a similar role in an aerospace environment is essential
• Experience working with Titanium, Aluminum and Steel
• Ability to obtain material, AGS and treatment quotations, and working with suppliers and procurement to secure long term pricing.
• Prior Milling and/or fabrication experience
• Ability to work to deadlines is essential
• Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is essential
• Proficient in the use of MS Office programs, particularly Excel and CATIA
• Must be capable of producing work to a high standard
• Have excellent communication skills and will be expected to develop working relationships across all departments of the business
• Self-motivated, enthusiastic and capable of working to challenging deadlines
8.30 am – 17.00 pm Monday - Friday
Salary to be discussed on application, competitve to market rates.
Candidates who wish to apply please email your CV to Kerrie Hill firstname.lastname@example.org