MPI have a requirement for Aircraft Composite Fitters to work in Gosport Hampshire until 30 November 2021.
Rate of pay to be discussed on application.
This role is Deemed inside of IR35
To carry out Composite repairs to aircraft panels and structure.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• Preparation of Aircraft /Components for composite repair.
• Carry out non-destructive testing and survey of composite structures.
• Interpret detailed repair instructions / drawings from Approved Source Information.
• Carry out Glass Fibre, Carbon and Kevlar lay ups and repairs – both within the composite workshop and where required in an ‘in-situ’ area on the aircraft.
• Work to tool control process.
• Complying with all current Health and Safety and Environmental regulations. Position Requirements Competencies:
• Good communication Skills.
• Computer literate
• Team Worker
• Knowledge of Composite repair processes.
• Able to work from Technical Publication and drawings.
• Experience in working wet lay up of Kevlar / Carbon and glass fibre repairs.
• Experience of Composite repair preparation.
• Experience of working in the Aviation Industry.
• Experience in Vacuum technique during composite repairs.
• Experience in Hot Bond repairs.
• Experience in Honeycomb structures.
• Experience in manufacturing repair moulds
Professional Qualifications/Education and Training:
• Recognised Composite Qualification
• Qualified in Non Destructive Testing
• Worked in a high performing team meeting tight deadlines to Aviation standards.