MPI have a requirement for an Engine Technician to work in Gosport, Hampshire.
This is a permanent role.
Rate of pay per annum is:- £29,725 dependent upon specific product experience. If after joining, you demonstrate competence quickly, then correspondingly the pay rate would increase.
Approx. 37 hours per week
This position is considered to be a core business activity within the company and contains a number of different tasks. Most activities in the Engine Shop and Test Cell fall under the broad category of Gas Turbine Engine Repair and Overhaul Technician. A fully trained Engine Fitter is able to complete to a certain degree, tasks related to the Disassembly, Assembly, Inspection, Balancing, Airflow and Test of a Gas Turbine Engines in accordance with the manufacturer specification and company procedures
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment.
- Conduct all work in accordance with company policies, health and safety procedures, quality procedures, manufactures and customer specification and industry regulations.
- Raise Non-conformance reports as necessary.
- Comprehension level of knowledge on product of AD’s, SB’s, CEB’s and SIL’s (Training Provided)
- Perform detailed visual and dimensional inspection of individual parts as per inspection level specified in overhaul or maintenance manual, Detailed Work Instruction (DWI) or Engineering Repair Instruction (ERI).
- Complete all documents related to the work being performed.
- Disassemble engines as per the manufacturer’s instructions
- Visually examine and Detail Inspect engine parts.
- Perform Borescope Inspections on engines.
- Balance rotating components.
- Assemble main engine, modules and all sub-assemblies.
- Flow test of individual components and assemblies.
- Prepare engine for dispatch.
- Systems (QMS), Safety Management Systems (SMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS) and all associated Business Manuals.
- Strong verbal communication and written skills to work with internal and external stakeholders;
- Keen eye for detail;
- Able to use computers/computer systems;
- Self-motivated, and able to prioritise and manage own workload.
• Good team work and problem solving skills
• Proactive self-learner;
• Team Player
Additional training/experience in a technical field.
- Ability to use basic hand tools.
- Ability to use and care for precision measuring and torque devices.
- Familiarity with quality procedures and documentation including process paperwork, parts routing procedures, Engineering Repair Instructions, Detailed Work Instructions and Non-Conformance Report system.
- Working knowledge of Engine publications and work instructions including overhaul and maintenance manuals, parts catalogues and service bulletins.
- Directly responsible to Operations Team Leader
Professional Qualifications/Education and Training:
Applicants must have a recognised engineering apprenticeship and possess relevant certification
Have Human Factors Training
Form 1 holder
- Have an engineering background and possess relevant certification (e)
- Have worked within the industry (d)
This is not an exhaustive list and from time to time additional responsibilities may be provided directly from your Line Manager
If selected, you will be required to apply for a DBS (background criminal check) and complete BPSS so must be eligible to work and reside in the UK.