MPI are looking for a permanent Aircraft Purchaser for our aviation-based customer based at Stansted Airport.
The Purchaser is to carry on purchase of aircraft parts, related materials and services to support on-time delivery of aircraft coming to maintenance.
· The day to day operation of the Purchasing function.
· Purchasing a wide range of aircraft parts, materials and related equipment in line with operational procedures and requirements and at the most competitive price.
· Timely placement of purchase orders and delivery of parts in line with operational requirements.
· Secure material delivery progress by chasing vendors and logistics providers in order to secure aircraft on-time delivery.
· Maintaining inventory levels within approved guidelines.
· Resolving and investigating supply chain errors and examining via root cause analysis.
· Creating and updating daily shortage reports.
· Continually improving purchasing methods in a bid to drive down external spend.
· Assisting in developing and implementing policies and procedures for Materials Purchasing and ensuring these are understood and adhered to.
· Identifying new suppliers including discount structures and volume rebates.
· Ensuring the highest level of service is provided and maintained for both internal and external customers.
· Providing clearance information to the responsible courier / freight forwarder for all imports, within regulations of Customs and Excise.
· Out of hours AOG support as and when required.
· Occasional weekend work support might be required.
· Perform any other duties within your capabilities as directed by the Company.
Skills and Experience Required:
· Must come from an aviation purchasing background
· Demonstrable experience in a similar role in an aviation purchasing environment.
· Experience with logistics and import/export regulations is preferred.
· Computer literate with experience in ERP software and Microsoft Office.
· Excellent organisational and communication skills.
· Full Clean UK Driving Licence – due to location.
£25K Per annum
08.30 AM – 17.00 PM – Monday - Friday
Candidates who wish to apply please email a CV to Kerrie Hill firstname.lastname@example.org