MPI have a contract vacancy for a skilled Aircraft Stores Person/ Stores Inspector to work in an aircraft hangar at Stansted Airport. The position is due to an expansion in work.
Contract will initially be for 3 months with a strong possibility of the contract being extended for the right individual, there is even a possibility that the position could be turned into a permanent position.
Monday – Friday 08.30 am – 16.30pm there is a possibility of overtime.
Reporting directly to the Stores Supervisor this role will involve assisting with the day to day running of a busy Stores department to provide a proactive and efficient service. The role will require a flexible approach and the ability to multi task is essential.
Main Responsibilities & Duties
- Assist with the day to day running of the Stores department
- Issuing tooling, consumable and rotable aircraft parts to engineers.
- Receiving and inspecting a wide range of aircraft parts in line with operational procedures.
- Ensuring correct material handling and storage conditions are maintained in line with regulation standards.
- Ensuring all dispatched items are routed via the appropriate carriers paying particular attention to the carriage of dangerous goods.
- Performing inventory control, paying particular attention to shelf life items and tooling due for calibration.
- Creating documentation and maintaining logs and archive files.
- The control and disposal of waste products in line with company and environmental regulations
- Keeping a clean and tidy working environment while optimising space utilisation.
- To constantly seek operational improvements to maximise productivity and minimize cost.
- Ensuring the best level of service is offered and maintained for both internal and external customers.
- Driving of company vehicles.
- Out of hours working if and when required
- Perform any other duties within your capabilities as directed by the Company
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role in a logistics environment (Preferably in the aviation industry).
- Previous experience with regards to Quality Inspection and be conversant in aerospace trace documentation
- Computer literate with experience in ERP software and Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Full Clean UK Driving License.
- Current counterbalance license.
Rate Of Pay
Please call for further information