We are looking for an Aircraft Stores Person for our aviation-based customer based at Stansted Airport.
Reporting directly to the Stores Supervisor this role will involve assisting with the day to day running of a busy Stores department to provide a proactive and efficient service. The role will require a flexible approach and the ability to multi task is essential.
• Assist with the day to day running of the Stores department
• Issuing tooling, consumable and rotable aircraft parts to engineers
• Receiving and inspecting a wide range of aircraft parts in line with operational procedures
• Ensuring correct material handling and storage conditions are maintained in line with regulation standards
• Ensuring all dispatched items are routed via the appropriate carriers paying particular attention to the carriage of dangerous goods
• Performing inventory control, paying particular attention to shelf life items and tooling due for calibration
• Creating documentation and maintaining logs and archive files
• The control and disposal of waste products in line with company and environmental
• Keeping a clean and tidy working environment while optimising space utilisation
• To constantly seek operational improvements to maximise productivity and minimize cost
• Ensuring the best level of service is offered and maintained for both internal and external customers
• Driving of company vehicles
• Out of hours working if and when required
• Perform any other duties within your capabilities as directed by the Company
Skills and Experience Required
• Demonstrable experience in a similar role in a logistics environment (Preferably in the aviation industry)
• Previous experience with regards to Quality Inspection and be conversant in aerospace trace documentation
• Computer literate with experience in ERP software and Microsoft Office
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Full Clean UK Driving License.
• Current counterbalance license.
Candidates must have use of own vehicle (due to limited public transport in the area)
£25,000 PA plusshift pay of £5000
4 days on 4 days off
07.00 – 19.00
Candidates who wish to apply please email a CV to Kerrie Hill firstname.lastname@example.org