Aircraft Validation Officer
£26.60 per hour Limited / £21.13 per hour PAYE
ASAP pending security clearance
MPI are looking for an Aircraft Validation Officer based at the School of Army Aeronautical Engineering, MOD Lyneham, Chippenham, Wiltshire, SN15 4XX.
The Validation Officer position is an ongoing contract, working 37 hours per week (Monday – Friday) for 44.4 weeks per year (due to holiday shutdown periods).
This post is part of the Training Development and Standards Organisation (TDSO) within the Defence School of Aeronautical Engineering (DSAE), responsible for the management, development and production of assessment and validation material and activity within the School of Army Aeronautical Engineering (SAAE).
• Production and maintenance of examination banks
• Production, development and marking of written exam papers.
• Invigilation of examinations.
• Production of practical assessment criteria and marking guides.
• Conducting Practical assessments.
• Gathering and collating Internal Validation data, through conducting End of Module and End of Course Discussions.
• Ensure assessment processes and practices act in compliance with the requirements of course documentation and, where required Awarding Bodies.
• Manage the InVal process using the Training and Finance Management Information System (TAFMIS).
Recognised Apprenticeship in Aeronautical Engineering,
preferably level 3 Certificate / Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering. Or
alternative period of training.
Experience / Skills:
• Experience of working in a military aircraft operating environment at minimum level of SNCO.
• Military aviation documentation – preferably have knowledge / experience of GOLDesp.
• Experience of developing and carrying and assessment (not essential).
• Computer Literate – Office 365.
• Have knowledge of Moodle (not essential).
£26.60 per hour Limited
£21.13 per hour PAYE
Please note - this position is classified as being in the public sector and in scope. Please see additional separate information regarding IR35 regulations.
The successful applicant will be required to apply for a Basic Disclosure at a cost of £25 and also undergo a MOD BPSS Security Clearance; this will only be required at job offer stage.