Business Development Manager
MPI have a requirement for a Business Development Manager to work in Christchurch, Dorset. BH23 1DL
Rate of pay is between £40-50K per annum
Generate new business opportunities through new and existing contacts within the UK and European aerospace sector. Develop new customer relationships and build on existing ones. Manage day to day accounts and customer needs. Create weekly report on new opportunities and progress of existing opportunities pending award. Identify new areas of opportunity for the company either product based or customer based. Attend trade shows and seminars as required. Spend at least 50% of the working week visiting new and existing customers
Key areas of responsibility
• Oversee day-to-day customer needs
• Assist where required in quote pack generation.
• Generate new sales opportunities in excess of 4m in year one with a minimum operating profit of 18%
• Provide support to the senior leadership of the organization
• Communicate and embody the company vision and values
• Help define and implement policies and performance standards
• Help assess departmental performance and devise plans for improvement
• Manage Sales and Order book growth in line with VF objectives
• Ensure VF objectives are met
• Customer development.
• Help and support CSI and NPI
o Identify new opportunities both from new customers and from within existing customer base
o Drive growth in margin at quote stage
o Build long term strategic relationships across the customer base
• Communication skills are key to increasing management’s effectiveness with both superiors and subordinates
• Knowledge of the UKand/or European aerospace sector
• Time management skills in prioritizing tasks and daily functions to ensure that projects are completed by deadlines and help in streamlining processes to maximize productivity.
• Use negotiation and mediation skills as necessary in finding opportunities to resolve conflicts efficiently and favourably within the customer base to maintain good working relationships
• Decision-making skills in weighing the costs and benefits of various options and determining the best course of action to achieve company goals
• Implement problem-solving skills to analysing past and current performance and recommending objectives to improve productivity and profitability.
• Maximise commercial opportunity for the owners and the business.
Key knowledge areas
Manufacturing and commercial background in Aerospace or similar environment
Key skills and Technical Requirements
Communication. Proficiency in French or German would be advantageous
Excellent work ethic
Can do attitude