MPI have a requirement for a permanent CCTV Operator to work on site in Gosport, Hampshire.
Shift: 4 nights on, 4 nights off
Hours: 6pm – 6am (Contracted for 42 hours per week)
Salary: £21,000 per annum
Overtime payable at time and a half
235.2 hours annual leave (5.6 weeks)
Life Assurance at 4 x annual salary
Enhanced Auto Enrolment Pension Contribution (currently 4% employer and 4% employee)
Employee Assistance Programme
A 60 minute paid break will be permitted. Breaks may be disturbed to facilitate emergency response and should therefore be taken on-site.
Bank Holidays are normal working days and therefore annual leave is inclusive of bank holiday entitlement
Description of Role: Providing an excellent standard of customer service at all times, being an ambassador for the company’s vision of “setting the standard of customer service”.
Responsible for the monitoring of CCTV, to protect the site, its assets and employees from security and physical threats and respond to emergencies by contacting the relevant stakeholders, call-out list or emergency services.
• Operate and monitor security systems, CCTV and alarms;
• Ensure buildings and people are safe and secure;
• Monitor the CCTV system and report any faults through to Line Manager;
• Respond and react to any incidents or security issues that may arise;
• Confidently interact and communicate with emergency services;
• Maintain data and write reports on breaches of security or defects etc.
• Record information on computerised and manual systems;
• Maintain familiarity with the relevant procedures of the Companies Business Manual referring any anomalies or required amendments to Line Manager;
• Comply with all Health & Safety legislation relating to the role and be proactive in reporting safety hazards and accidents in accordance with current instructions;
• Working in line with our organisational values (Integrity, Respect, Excellence, Innovation and Teamwork);
• Adherence to the Company Quality Management Systems (QMS), Safety Management Systems (SMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS) and all associated Business Manuals.
Competencies: (e = essential / d = desirable)
• Integrity - seeks to reflect ethical standards and do the right thing regardless of the circumstances. (e)
• Strict adherence to rules and regulations. (e)
• Ability to work unsupervised and use own initiative; (e)
• Excellent communication skills; (e)
• Makes sound decisions based on logic and fact (e)
• Flexible approach to shift work and overtime requirements (e)
Professional Qualifications/Education and Training:
• Must be able to achieve Security Clearance (SC) (e)
• SIA Licence or equivalent qualification (e)
• Working in a regulated environment; (d)
• Working in a similar role (d)
• Shift work (d)
If selected for this role you will be required to obtain a DBS background criminal check at the cost of £25.00 as well as BPSS. Applicants must hold a UK Passport or reside in the UK and have the relevant documentation required to enable them to work in the UK.