Demand Planning Manager
Salary starts at £32,092 dependant on skills and experience will be discussed on application
Fixed term 12 months
MPI have a requirement for a Demand Planning Manager to be based at Sealand in Deeside Flintshire
This is aFixed Term Appointment directly with our Client for a period of 12 months with a possibility of extension. This role will not convert to a permanent role from the Fixed Term, however if the role is then advertised externally under Fair & Open Competition in the future then you can apply.
Rate of pay starts at £32,092.00 per annum, dependant on skills and experience and will be discussed on application.
Additional benefits of working for our Client are:
· A generous pension scheme with an employer contribution rate of 27.1%
· Flexible working hours scheme
· 26.5 days annual leave PLUS 9 days public/privilege holidays,
· Generous sick pay arrangements.
Required Knowledge and Skills
· Demonstrable knowledge of demand management/S&OP/IBP
· Knowledge of other IT software packages for example business ERP system, Customer relationship management tools and customer web portals
· Ability to understand, correlate and promulgate succinctly financial and market data.
· Advanced European Computer Driving Licence qualified is desirable
This Demand Planning Manager is accountable to the Commercial Manager who is responsible for all forecasting activities associated with customers and products. The key performance measures, which the Demand Manager will be responsible for, are Forecast Accuracy and Customer Service.
You will be responsible for creating and maintaining forecast models, incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sales, marketing, finance, and other sources.
This role is the integration point into the sales and commercial organisation. Basic forecast modelling is the responsibility of this position and should produce these key results
o A customer demand forecast, which incorporates current and accurate market information that allows our Client to correctly predict customer demand and provide its supply chain with the appropriate information to plan how to meet that customer demand.
o Improved relationships among planners and the cross functional teams, which will lead to effective knowledge sharing and accurate planning forecasts to.
o Accurate revenue forecast based on the demand plan to support delivery of the business plan
o They will manage the information requirements, and the outputs from the Demand Review step of the process, and attend the other steps on the process
RESPONSIBILITES OF THE JOB
· Management and Control of the demand planning aspect of all work including the management and control of the financial data set that underpins the business plan
· Assisting in the delivery of the demand plan as agreed.
· Responsible for the accuracy of reports generated by demand planners
· Ensure that the NSP process is being followed when generating new work, and that all paperwork is collated, signed, and stored in accordance with current procedures.
· Act as sub-primary interface for the customer base including responding to customer queries
· Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts. Knowledge of ERP or other software related to demand planning.
· Collaborative and consensus approach by working with New Service Provision, Business Development, Customer Service Manager Account Managers and Finance to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts.
· Use and maintain the Demand Planning software as the primary forecasting system tool.
· Close working with Supply Planning and Integrated Planning Manager.
· Closely coordinate and communicate customer action plans with supply planning
· Develop demand forecasts (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function.
· Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
· Coordinate cross-functional data to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions.
· Interact with other key areas of the business to understand demand forecast drivers.
· Create statistical forecasts
· Gather, analyse and validate data, review resulting statistical forecast mode. Identify demand forecast risks and develop effective mitigation plans, apply error analysis techniques to improve forecasting, present and assess feedback on the various forecasts. Recommend adjustments for operational forecasts
· Challenge input forecasts and achieve consensus for operational demand forecasts by facilitating a collaborative planning process with sales, marketing and finance personnel:
- Monitor trends in forecast error
- Identify relevant market-related data and competitive intelligence
Occasional travel on detached duty to other Business Units and Customer sites to support the management and accuracy of the demand plan
Provide and communicate required demand information and data to answer ad-hoc requests and queries from our Clients staff
Continuously review demand plan with the Commercial Manager and Supply Plan Manager, to achieve and maintain Demand Planning processes to Operational Excellence standard
Delivery of the targets as set in the Commercial Functional Plan
Promote and encourage team working across functional roles to ensure delivery of demand plan, minimise demand risk and win business
INTELLECTUAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB
* Analysis and assessment of errors in data.
* Accuracy and attention to detail.
* Creative and agile thinking to address problems
* The role is self-directed, but under the guidance and support of Commercial Manager. The role holder is required to work on own initiative and make independent decisions.
* Delivery to high standards and within tight deadlines, often under pressure and competing and conflicting issues, demands.
* Building the team through selecting and training the right people and developing their skills through providing opportunity and experience as appropriate to the person
* Develops internal team communication systems; holds regular and effective team and individual meetings to support two-way communication, coach, develop and share information
* Sets performance standards for everyone in the team aligned to business plans, goals and required behavioural standards and levels of competence; continuously monitors and appraises performance
* Raises productivity through the performance of the team – motivating, coaching, developing, supporting and dealing with underperformance issues
* Conducts recruitment activity; interviews and selects candidates and inducts new joiners * Handles conflict within the team; Counsels and advises employees as needed
* Harmonises conflicting objectives and organisational issues concerning the team and seeks to communicate and resolve
* Designs jobs and creates job descriptions, regularly reviewing against business needs and supporting or deigning new organisation/team structures; Establishes reporting lines
* Creates conditions for change and encourages team to adopt change whilst appreciating the change challenges that individuals may experience
* Strives to improves the quality of working life of the team through fair consideration of individual needs balanced with business requirements
* Senses and adopts the appropriate management style required by the situation *Support and enhance the TU / Management relationship through partnered behaviour
COMMUNICATION DEMANDS OF THE JOB
Daily communication with teams across the business to support and challenge the demand planning data and its accuracy. Understanding with the supply planning manager where there maybe issues with prompt resolution.
Office Work in large open plan office with a variation of noise levels