£36,000 - £44,000 per annum
Renewable Heating Design Engineer (non Domestic)
Permanent – Salary dependant on qualifications and experience £36,000 - £44,000 base
Uncapped Bonus Scheme – Company performance related pay plan with on target earnings = 112% of base salary
Holiday – 25 days holiday increasing to 30 days (pus Bank Holidays) for 5+ years service
Further details available upon request
· To analyse, interpret, and comment on client Employer’s Requirements
· To gather construction information for existing or planned properties using a variety of resources including architects' plans, client consultation and direct surveys and record drawings.
· To author and manage RFI trackers and client-contractor-subcontractor information flow
· To develop, manage and meet design project schedules/GANTT using Microsoft Project
· To plan, coordinate, and perform, subcontractor surveys for, but not limited to, the following:
o UXO Risk Assessment Surveys
o Mining Search/Permissions
o Statutory utility packs
o Provisional DNO Notifications
o Mechanical Surveys
o Electrical Surveys
o Asbestos Surveys
o GPR Scans/Services Drawings
o Measured building surveys
o Building fabric assessments
o Commissioning/Emitter Surveys
· To author, review and coordinate M&E designs including the following:
o Energy Modelling
o Ground-array plans and schematics
o Borehole Designs
o Plantroom Plan layout
o Equipment Schedules
o Mechanical Specification
o Controls Specification
o Electrical Schematic
o Electrical Specification
o Controls description of operation
o Dist. Services Layout
o Dist. Services Schematic
o Planning drawings for External Plant
· Authoring of design reports and ensure relevant documentation of design projects
· To produce and develop design, construction and as-fitted drawings for mechanical and electrical services, external ground-arrays, site access, and infrastructure, in AutoCAD
· To facilitate and collaborate in project handovers, and ensure project administration as required
· Ensure CDM 2015 compliance of design projects
Reporting to our Non-Domestic Design Lead, you will need to have an understanding of mechanical and electrical building services design with an interest in ground source heat pumps and low carbon technologies.
The role will require you to perform design calculations in order to size heating and cooling installations and associated plant, including but not limited to heat pumps, heating and cooling vessels, pumps and pipework.
You will need to have an understanding of heat losses and gains and be able to interrogate calculations provided by clients and external consultants.
Strong communication skills will be required to liaise with external clients, while also coordinating with design consultancies to realise exceptional and technically precise GSHP designs for medium to large-scale projects. You will operate in both new-build and retrofit developments across a range of sectors including commercial, educational, and healthcare.
You will work with the commercial and delivery departments to drive the growing commercial GSHP installations business– assisting with the full life-cycle of Non-Domestic designs from RIBA Stage 3 to 5.
This is a dynamic and varied role: candidates will demonstrate highly developed technical knowledge, a high level of conscientiousness, an eye for detail, the ability to assist and coordinate on multiple design projects, and teamwork effectively.
This is a role for a highly proactive, meticulous and conscientious Design Engineer with a focus on coordinating across design disciplines in the creation of integrated and complete ground source design applications and solutions. Significant opportunity for career progression is foreseen for a candidate with an active interest in de-carbonising heating systems across a range of sectors.
Candidates should have a good knowledge of building services design specifically related to wet heating systems, with a working knowledge of electrical installations a key advantage.
· You will have a good knowledge of HVAC componentry and instrumentation and the ability to practically apply this in project designs and specifications
· Relevant Engineering Degree qualification
· Working knowledge of GSHP Systems
· A minimum of 2-5 years experience in a similar role
· You will have a sound understanding of engineering principles
· Ability to work with clients, suppliers and specialist subcontractors to create functional designs
· Ability to review, appraise, and comment on detailed M&E specifications and drawings
· A developed understanding of building physics
· Experience using relevant software packages such as AutoCAD, Revit, HevaComp, IES
· Knowledge and competence using Microsoft Project
· To build a comprehensive knowledge of our client’s products and to keep updated with changes in product design and application.
· To interact with clients in a calm, non-confrontational and courteous manner.
· To take responsibility for ensuring follow-up actions are taken and full information is recorded.
· To undertake training and to assist in training other members of staff as required.
· To actively and positively contribute to any appraisal process and to follow up agreed actions.
· To remain a positive ambassador of our client at all times
· To work at all times in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and to follow all company procedures and guidelines.
· To work at all times in accordance with the company’s Dignity & Diversity at Work Policy.
· To undertake such other duties as may be required within the general scope of the job.
This role offers flexible working, with the potential to work from home, in our Client’s offices in Exeter and Leeds. Occasional site visits/surveys are required, as is availability for client meetings on location, if requested.