Job Title: EHS&S Advisor
Contract Dates: 31/01/2022 - 31/12/2022
Location: London - Euston
Purpose of Role:
To assist in the planning, co-ordination and performance of Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental activities required by legislation, company standards the customer requirement. This includes from the project tender through to the post commissioning phases and to the project close out.
Report & communicate with EHS&S line management, all conditions (accidents, incidents & dangerous occurrence) as soon as possible.
Review new legislation and best practice and support the business in ensuring legal compliance. Responsible to maintain own certification and professional qualification/membership.
· Responsible for the EHS&S programmes and ensuring communication, awareness, implementation of EHS&S standards & procedures within their designated areas.
· Work closely with Project teams in their delivery of Environmental, Health and Safety duties & compliance.
· Build solid professional relationships with the clients & other contractors HSE team on projects.
· Provide adequate support to risk assessment, work package plans, briefing notes and EHS site induction.
· Provide advice & guidance on welfare, fire safety & first aid.
· Provide advice & guidance in the preparation of Environmental Management documentation. Support any Environmental meetings and any actions arising.
· Support or lead any accident or incident investigation as required. Review all accident & incident reports with management and ensure any actions arising are communicated and implemented.
· Ensure swift communications of any Hazards, potential unsafe conditions to the project and escalate as need be.
· Strongly support and complete EHS inspections of the workplace. Drive cultural monitoring activities in the business and seek opportunities to mentor. Ensure correct reporting and recording is completed.
· Plan & deliver Audits and ensure any actions are chased up to completion.
· Provide EHS training and mentoring as required.
· Support any plans and documentation for Emergency planning (control of potential safety and environmental emergencies).
· Provide guidance on Occupational Health and work with our Occupational Health team on any campaigns.
· Ensure reporting of the Project KPI’s to the company and client.
· Working towards Chartered Membership of relevant OSH professional body.
· NEBOSH Diploma/NVQ 4 or an equivalent relevant to the role.
· Actively engaged in CPD with a relevant professional body.
· Working towards associate membership of a recognised environmental professional body.
· Fully established in a specific area of EHS with sound understanding of others.
· Experienced in Audit preparation and delivery.
· Experience in the railway environment with particular reference to on track safety where Overhead Line Equipment (OLE) and 3rd rail direct current equipment (3rd Rail DC) installations are present and the monitoring of multi-activity work sites.
· Experience in London Underground projects
· Experience in large construction/rail projects
· Experience in HSE bids, tenders and also experience in front of the client.