Perth and Kinross
MPI have a requirement for an Electroplating Technician to work in Almondbank, Perth.
This is a permanent position
Rate of pay around £30K per annum dependent on experience.
Purpose and Scope of role
The Electroplating Technician is responsible through the Plating Shop & Surface Finish Manager to the Operations Manager for:
1.The Chemical Processing of aircraft components and their various sub-assemblies and constituent parts to support maintenance of aircraft components allocated to various platforms/programmes supported by the business
2.The Periodic, Lot Testing and Solution analyses of all required test and test pieces as described in customer specified ASI and applicable Detailed Process Instructions (DPIs).
1. Will effectively carry out a variety of Chemical Processing operations (including Nital Etch Inspection) IAW with their qualifications, authorisations and competences only using current authorised procedures as laid down in the relevant Approved Source documentation, applicable ABM procedures and pollution Prevention Control Authorisation;
2. Will effectively carry out a variety of Periodic, Lot Testing & Solution analyses IAW with their qualifications, authorisations and competences only using current authorised procedures as laid down in the relevant Approved Source documentation.
1. Authorised to carry out Chemical Processing operations that they have competence recorded for in their Log Books / Training Records IAW the relevant ABM Leaflets.
2. Authorised to carry out Periodic, Lot Testing, Solution Analyses and Chemical Processing operations that they have competence recorded for in their Log Books / Training Records IAW the relevant ABM Leaflets
3. If Cat B Stamp Holders Authorised to Self Certify and Certify Chemical Processing operations within their Approval Codes IAW the relevant ABM leaflets
4. Authorised to operate the Effluent Treatment Plant, if they have the appropriate Training and competence IAW the Pollution Prevention Control Authorisation.
Education & Training:
Trainee Plater Training
1.Institute of Metal Finishing Chemical Process Training.
2. Continuous process improvement tools, including statistical techniques and applicable internal procedures.
3. Non-conformance Root Cause/Corrective Action training.
4.BAAN ERP system Training modules as required.
For all tasks for which they are competent:
1. Be able to interpret Work Order requirements, Approved Source Information standards and local Detailed Process Instructions (DPIs) applicable to Chemical Processing.
1. Authorised Cat B Stamp Holder with appropriate competences and approval codes for all chemical processing operations.
2. Be able to carry out ongoing collection and analysis of performance data related to chemical processing, e.g. internal reprocessing and rework, repair, internal internal rejects, customer rejects and customer complaints, costs, turnaround times, waste streams and scrap.