MPI have a requirement for a Front Line Chinook Manager to work in Gosport, Hampshire.
This is a permanent role.
Approx 37 hours per week.
Rate of pay to be discussed on application and is dependant on experience
Responsible for the day to day management of the team/section. Position Requirements Key responsibilities and duties:
1.Performance Management of all Associates within their area, including conforming to Company procedures and policies;
2.Analysing, planning, managing and evaluating the effectiveness of competence, training and education of all Associates within their area;
3.Dealing with any disciplinary processes within the team, acting within delegations outlined in HR policy including absence management, return to work interviews, efficiency, timekeeping etc.;
4.Responsible for the management of Time and Attendance systems including control and authorisation of leave whilst maintaining operational capability and overtime within financial control and delegation;
5. Where appropriate carry out coaching and mentoring of team members at all levels, including apprentices;
6. Ensure delivery of output against the plan and performance targets aligned with S&OP process;
7. Promote and facilitate Associate Involvement (AI) and Continuous Improvement (CI) within the teams and across the Business;
8. Ensuring an appropriate level of communication between team members and management;
9. Ensuring all relevant Quality Management System (QMS) and Business Manual requirements are complied with, and any issues addressed and resolved promptly;
10. To promote and work within the Company core values and behavioural competence framework;
11. Lead the IQ procedures within specific areas;
12. Promote and comply with all relevant HR policies;
13. To be flexible regarding working location – including overseas;
14. Assists Line Manager from a technical point of view with drafting quotations for commercial.
Planning functions as follows:
1. Ordering required spares
2. Task re-planning
3. Raising RFC/NCIRs/emergent task.
4. Experience of working on Navixa
5. Routing items
6. Progressing/escalation of dependency issues.
7. Effective Resource/Capacity planning.
• Must have good communication skills and be able to articulate business aspects to Line Management as required;
• Must demonstrate strong leadership attributes and be seen to lead by example;
• Should demonstrate good planning and organisational abilities;
• Should be results and quality focused;
• Good interpersonal/communication skills;
• Self-motivated, and able to prioritise and manage own workload;
• Demonstrate sufficient technical knowledge and experience commensurate with the role and specific platform;
• Dealing with Non-conformance reporting.
• Experience of managing multi-disciplined teams;
• Familiar with Contractor Working Parties;
• Experience of GSE;
• Familiar with UK MoD MAA Regulatory requirements – MRP 145;
• Familiar with Civil regulatory requirements – EASA 145;
• An appropriate level of technical qualifications and experience;
• An appropriate level of managerial and leadership training.
Professional Qualifications/Education and Training:
• Aeronautical apprenticeship or equivalent;
• Aerospace Engineering ONC or equivalent;
• Human Factors Training.
• Log Book demonstrated experience.
• ARTL course completed
If selected for the role, you will be required to complete BPSS Security and a DBS background criminal check which will cost you £25.00. Do not apply unless requested to do so.