MPI have an requirement for a Permanent Junior Supervisor Mechanical to be based on site at RAF Valley, Isle of Anglesey
Monday - Thursday, 16.00 PM - 00.15 AM
Friday, 14.30 PM - 21.30 PM
About the role
The post holder will be an experienced and skilled technician, supervising a range of detailed maintenance activities on an aircraft or aircraft component. At this level the post holder requires an excellent understanding of the construct of the approved Technical Information set and is competent to work unaided to approved data, maintenance instructions and in accordance with the organisation’s Maintenance Organisation Exposition (MOE). The post holder will be able to sign 1st and 2nd signature for work completed and supervision of work within trade boundaries. Demonstrates the ability to analyse and diagnose faults to equipment & assemblies, follow diagnostic procedures and work effectively to help lead a team, providing guidance to less experienced team members in a diverse and dynamic operational environment. This role will operate on a Lates shift pattern in Depth, Monday to Friday. This shift will attract a shift premium in addition to stated salary.
- As a Junior Supervisor you will be employed in the Depth maintenance environment. The actions and decisions taken shall be limited to those actions authorised as governed by trade, experience and competence.
- Undertake and complete depth maintenance & diagnostic activities on an aircraft or components which may include, as appropriate, scheduled maintenance, component removals, inspections, repairs, modifications, fault rectifications, replacements and/or functional/system test.
- Reviews operational performance of aircraft components & systems. Analyse and diagnose faults to components & assemblies, apply diagnostic skills & knowledge to effect repairs or modify equipment or suggest improvements to procedures.
- Ensure that maintenance is undertaken to schedule and resolve any issues, escalate as required.
- Demonstrates a flexible and proactive attitude to carrying out responsibilities appropriate to the role and takes direction appropriately.
- Maintain personal task competencies for working on aircraft or components.
- Undertake support tasks within the Aircraft or component maintenance facility which are required to maintain compliance with the MOE and Functionally Mandated procedures (e.g. oversight checks, control of tooling / test equipment etc.)
- Receive On The Job training activities and maintain personal Log Book for currency and recency.
Technical Experience & Qualifications
- Completion of an Engineering Apprenticeship, ideally in Aeronautical Engineering, or Military equivalent apprenticeship / qualifications.
- Academic qualification for this role is a minimum of City & Guilds 2675 Aeronautical Engineering and Maintenance or NVQ Level 3 Aeronautical related discipline.
- Typically 3+ years’ experience including type, classed as fully competent with all required 'Authorities' in place.
- Aircraft platform training (on a/c requirement)
- Trade Principles training
- Computer literate
If selected for these roles, you may be required to apply for a DBS background criminal check that will cost you £25.00. Do not apply for this unless requested to do so.