MPI are looking for a contract Lab Technician to assist our client with a R&D project at Cranfield in Bedfordshire.
The R & D project is to process unrefined plastics pyrolysis oil with a target of producing EN590 spec diesel. We will be using an autoclave with distillation as well as chemical treatment.
The person we are looking for will be responsible for:
1) Ensuring all activities are completed in a safe and controlled manner
2) Assembling, maintaining and cleaning the equipment
3) Helping to run tests
The individual will:
1) Have safety as a priority
2) Be familiar with an industrial lab setting
3) Able to operate independently where needed
4) Have experience with process technologies (not necessarily oil)
These attributes are nice to have:
1) Be capable with mechanical systems (flanged systems etc)
2) Be a problem solver
3) Have an inquisitive mind
Rate of pay
To be discussed at application stage
The project starts early June and will run for 3 to 6 weeks.