MPI are looking for a permanent Costing Manager for our aviation-based customer based at Stansted Airport.
To manage the commercial team and the estimators. To oversee and assist in the completion of quotations and tenders. To complete contract reviews and manage department work flow.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
· Manage a team of estimators to ensure all requests for pricing is completed promptly and accurately.
· Complete quotations and assist in bidding work packages
· Managing the contract review process and ensure its closed out
· Ensuring all relevant data/drawings/models are collected prior to quoting. Hand these packs to estimators.
· Work with the Estimators, Cad/Cam, Operators and Value Stream Manager to cost jobs accurately.
· Monitoring the day to day commercial performance of each customer account
· Regularly liaising with existing clients to manage expectations
· Gathering feedback on quotes submitted in order to collect information as to why we may have been unsuccessful at winning bids.
· Identifying bottle necks and issues which could result in delayed responses to RFPs
· Completing bid packages as per the RFP instructions. Gathering the information from the relevant departments and filling in the customer templates.
· Upkeep of electronic and paper records.
· Provide accurate lead times and forecasts by liaising with capacity management process owners.
· Providing detailed information and reports to the CEO. Jobs quoted, success rate etc
· Managing a range of customer bids at any one time. Ensure that these are completed by yourself and the team promptly.
· Assisting with content of company literature and out-going correspondence
· Ensure holiday cover is in place and department has low risk of staff shortages.
· Manage team performance and carry out disciplinaries when/if required.
· Perform any other duties within your capabilities as directed by the Company
SKILLS AND EXPERIECE:
· Experience within CNC Milling and/or fabrication of sheet metals
· Be able to schedule and plan work flow effectively
· Ability to accurately read Aerospace drawings and bill of materials.
· Successful track record of people management and leadership
· Experience in costing work packages
· Ability to follow and improve business process and improve upon existing processes.
· Excellent planning and organisation skills
· High level of organisation and an attention to detail
· Team Player with excellent written and oral communication skills
· Good understanding of MS Office, Excel and business systems and procedures.
8.30 am – 17.00 pm Monday - Friday
Salary to be discussed on application.
Candidates who wish to apply please email a CV to Kerrie Hill firstname.lastname@example.org