MPI have a requirement for a Machinist to work in Almondbank, Perth, Scotland.
This is a permanent role,
Rate of pay to be discussed on application
The aim of this job description is to define the roles & responsibilities of the Technician in the Component Services Business. The Technician is responsible, through the Machine Shop & NDT Manager, to the Operations Manager for the maintenance of aircraft components allocated to the relevant platform/programme.
• Experience in Milling, Turning, Grinding and knowledge of CNC Fanuc Programming.
Our Client is looking for applicants who have a background in manual machining.
Desirable is experience/knowledge of CNC Fanuc Programming.
• Will effectively carry out, a variety of maintenance activities and modification programme in accordance with his or her trade, qualifications and authorisations only using current authorised procedures as laid down in the relevant approved source documentation.
• Contribute to team delivery of agreed targets and goals
• Complying with Tool Control Procedures in accordance with relevant ABM procedure.
Support a climate of continuous improvement to assist Productivity, Quality and create a leaner environment
• To achieve maximum flexibility team members will undertake training and train other team members.
• They will also be required to undertake work to the highest level of competence.
• Agree to do other duties within the team to support team output.
• Ensure that debris generated in their work area is removed/cleaned in a timely fashion.
• Mentor/train any Apprentices as and when necessary.
• Carry out Final inspection duties as per JAP and ABM procedures.
• Where applicable, update of MOD tracking systems (WRAM).
• Ensuring that continuation training is up to date and that packs are read and signed for.
• Adherence to our Quality Management Systems (QMS), Safety Management Systems (SMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS) and all associated Business Manuals