Mechanical Engineer – Research & Development
Truro + Home working after 3 months
Competitive Salary – 30-35K
You will lead by example in the Research and Development team to design, test and develop new and existing heat pumps. You will bring in fresh ideas to ensure that we develop, maintain and expand our range of cutting edge products. You will be working within a successful and very capable Engineering department whose day-to-day tasks will help thousands of people to reduce their energy costs and the UK to achieve its net zero carbon targets. We are seeking a self-motivated Mechanical Engineer to lead on Second Sourcing
Competitive salary: £(phone number removed) base. Dependent on qualifications and experience.
Pension: Automatic enrolment into clients company pension scheme.
Holiday: 25 days holiday increasing to 30 days holiday (plus bank holidays) for 5+ years' service.
Flexible working environment: We understand the benefits of flexible working conditions to meet the demands of your role, so we can accommodate a blend of home and office-based working after 3 months of employment
You will lead by example in the Research and Development team to design, test and develop new and existing heat pumps. You will bring in fresh ideas to ensure that we develop, maintain and expand our client’s range of cutting edge products. You will be working within a successful and very capable Engineering department whose day-to-day tasks will help thousands of people to reduce their energy costs and the UK to achieve its net zero carbon targets. We are seeking a self-motivated Mechanical Engineer to lead on Second Sourcing
We are looking for an Engineer who has passion, an inquisitive mind, and natural problem-solving skills to fill this requirement.
The successful applicant will be legally permitted to work within the UK.
OVERVIEW As an R&D Mechanical Engineer, you will be responsible for improving and maintaining our Clients supply-chain resilience. You will also be expected to lead and participate in engineering change projects and develop and improve existing procurement procedures.
EXPERIENCE Engineer with experience working autonomously within the product development industry.
EDUCATION Degree-educated in an appropriate course or similar equivalent qualifications. Time-served in comparative role will also will be considered.
CHARACTERISTICS We require driven, self-starter with excellent communication skills who is confident owning their own projects and organising their own work. The successful candidate will be able set their mind to a wide range of engineering challenges, be able to think on their feet and then manage their way through to the solution.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS • To be able to read and thoroughly understand technical datasheets, reports and documents. • CAD experience on Solidworks or similar. • Proficient in Microsoft office with excellent Excel skills. • Ability to write concise technical reports. • Excellent communication skills. • Good analytical and numerical skills. Understanding of basic thermodynamic and electrical principles. • Time-management, organisation, and the ability to work to deadlines.
• Experience designing / specifying refrigeration circuits and the key components.
• Experience using PDM and ERP software
• Experience with heat pumps, refrigeration, or plumbing.
• Experience in sheet metal design.
• Experience designing to lean manufacturing principles.
The successful candidate be expected to:
• Specify alternative parts to meet the design of ground source heat pumps.
• Lead Dual Sourcing projects.
• Lead Engineering Change tasks.
• Work closely with Purchasing and Quality teams to develop and improve existing procurement procedures.
• Take ownership and accountability for the tasks you are leading.
• Produce CAD drawings, documentation, and technical reports.
• Carry out mechanical analysis, development and design of products and equipment.
• Occasionally perform basic electrical design and development.
• Manage the requirements of your projects and tasks effectively.
• Develop your own knowledge and understanding in relevant fields of learning.
• Seek the opinions and advice from others by communicating with the department’s stakeholders.
• Work within the Engineering Change Process.
• Work in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and to follow all company procedures and guidelines which assist this. Whilst working at external sites comply with all on site health and safety procedures and guidelines applicable to that site.
• Work in accordance with the company’s Dignity & Diversity policy.
• Undertake other duties as may be required within the general scope of the job. WORKBASE This role will be based at offices in Truro.