MPI currently have a requirement for a permanent Project Manager, for our client based in Kempston, Bedford
This is a permanent role with a starting salary of £50K + depending on experience
This is a Monday to Friday position, and includes company van or car allowance and a comprehensive benefits package including: Pension, 25 days holiday with the option to buy/sell additional days per year, Paycare scheme, sick pay and flexible working.
There are also opportunities to grow your skills and shape your career towards technical expertise, developing the market or management.
Our client is a specialist water and wastewater process technology and mechanical services company that deliver a range of schemes to maintain and improve water supply and wastewater treatment works. Individual projects vary from small refurbishments to complete turnkey solutions, ranging in value from £100K up to £4M.
· Overall responsibility for managing a range of projects, from client order through to successful completion, on time, to quality, to budget which entails:
· Managing projects; visit sites, liaise with Clients, support rapid tender preparation and manage all aspects of site installation and supplier management including initial on-site evaluation and outline design.
· Delivering projects on time, to quality and budget, targeting an increased margin.
· To produce cashflow forecasts, activity payment schedules, submit applications / invoices, authorize payment of suppliers and maintain contact with clients regarding payment and achievement of KPI’s.
· To evaluate and manage risk throughout the project lifecycle.
· Managing project quality, health and safety, including the preparation of method statements, risk assessments, and other quality & environment documentation as required.
· Organizing materials and equipment, briefing staff on details of the work and management on site, liaison with customers
· Managing health and safety, environmental issues and the staff / workers on all projects ensuring the highest health and safety standards are achieved.
· Negotiating with suppliers in partnership with commercial and accounts on specification and price.
· Placing orders for subcontract, materials, plant and equipment in line with requirements and in accordance with purchasing procedures.
· Management and development of project engineers in the business
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
· Degree qualified, with more than 5 years relevant experience.
· Proven track record of project planning, execution and delivery of construction project on time and to budget.
· Proven ability in liaison with external stakeholders, clients and suppliers
· Detailed knowledge of NEC contracts and commercial awareness in dealings with clients, proposals and supply chain
· Understanding of project level budgetary control and cashflow management
· Proven ability in adapting style and approach to suit productive working with colleagues at all levels and specialisms
· An excellent communicator and negotiator, with good technical, people management and inter-personal skills.
· Strong organisational and problem-solving skills.
· Understanding technical engineering drawings and related design documents
· Knowledge and experience of the Municipal and Industrial Wastewater sectors, additional
· Water sector knowledge would be advantageous.UK resident with full UK driving licence