Purchasing and Supply Chain Manager
£55,000 - £60,000
Permanent position based in Bedford with a salary range of £55k to £60k
Our client manufactures a range of standard and bespoke machinery for use in the slitting and rewinding of flexible / plastic materials.
With a design and manufacturing site in Bedford UK and remote offices in USA, India and China, their prime business is the export of capital equipment and service of the installed base.
A market leader in its chosen markets the company operates under two brand names.
The Purchasing & Supply Chain Manager will provide leadership & management of the Purchasing & Logistics team at the Bedford site and is accountable for all activities, resources and supplier engagements required to deliver effective supply chain solutions.
• Lead and manage strategic and tactical purchasing.
• Management of nominated suppliers, ensuring maximum product availability and cost efficiency to meet the planned demand.
• UK and global sourcing of commodities (including bespoke steel, manufactured components, electrical & electronic components and outsourced assemblies) in a project and small batch environment.
• Capitalise buying power and efficiencies of common Suppliers and products by partnering with Purchasing & Supply chain colleagues of our sister company,
• Ensuring the integrity and accuracy of data within the IFS ERP system.
• Monitor supply chain performance by gathering relevant data and producing qualitative and quantitative KPI’s.
• Drive improvement initiatives for value enhancement in the supply base, covering all aspects of supplier performance and relationship - quality, delivery and cost.
• Contractual governance and commercial management of key contracts and outsourced services
• Development & implementation of a vendor rating system, including data collection and analysis with follow-up action to improve poor performing suppliers.
• Identify and implement training to enable targets and objectives to be achieved efficiently.
• Inventory management to improve ITO and minimise E&O stock.
• Ensure all procedures are fully documented.
• To be fully conversant with all HS&E procedures and to implement and comply with them across all teams.
This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive and various other duties may be included as reasonably requested by the Operations Manager and/or the company.