We are looking for Purchasing Assistant for our aviation-based customer based at Stansted Airport.
The Purchasing Assistant support the purchasing function under the guidance of the Purchasing Supervisor. His/her task is to source best material (price & availability) and to secure that ordered material reaches its destination as soon as possible, with the required paperwork and that customs duties and procedures are completed in due time.
· Supporting the day to day operation of the Purchasing function
· Assisting in the sourcing and Purchasing of a wide range of aircraft parts, materials and related equipment in line with operational procedures and requirements.
· Creating and updating daily shortage reports
· Progress chasing
· Ensuring the highest level of service is provided and maintained for both internal and external customers
for Materials Purchasing and ensuring these are understood and adhered to
· Providing clearance information to the responsible courier / freight forwarder for all imports, within regulations of Customs and Excise
· Maintaining accurate and complete records of imports in accordance with company processes.
· Progressing delayed shipments, liaison with freight agents to minimise delays and rectify issues
Perform any other duties within your capabilities as directed by the Company
Skills & Experience
· Strong administrative, organisational and data entry skills with the ability to multi task and manage a busy workload
· Demonstrable experience in a similar administrative role
· The ability and willingness to learn new processes
· Computer literate with experience in ERP software and Microsoft Office
· Excellent organisational and communication skills
· Full Clean UK Driving Licence – due to location
· Purchasing experience
· Experience in the import process, with the ability to validate and correctly assign commodity/tariff codes
Aviation experience; however not essential
Must have use of own vehicle (due to limited public transport in the area)
Rate of Pay:
£10.00 Per Hour - PAYE
Monday – Friday 8.30 am – 4.30PM
The contract is to start ASAP and will for 3 months with a possible extension although not guaranteed.
Candidates who wish to apply please email a CV to Kerrie Hill email@example.com