Temp to perm position
Production Quality Engineer
Temporary contract to permanent position
Reporting to the sites Quality Manager, the Quality Technician will work with internal and external stakeholders to identify were improvements to current products and new product introduction can be made. They will support the development of quality assurance methods for both product and process. Action non-conformances and deficiencies using problem analysis methodologies with key responsibility for implementation of corrective / preventative action(s).
-Co-coordinating and communicating quality issues between engineering, purchasing, operations and suppliers
- Work to improve the inspection, measurement and monitoring process for incoming goods to assure right first time at point of assembly.
- Investigate identified customer concerns to establish the factors and causes of concern to instigate corrective and preventative actions.
- Review and validation of supplier inspection reports and initial sample reports using appropriate inspection equipment.
- Assist in producing and maintaining QHSE documentation.
- Monitor and report on adherence to calibration procedures for test and inspection equipment required as part of the Quality Assurance System and equipment is within calibration.
- Review of ISIR documents to ensure part conformance and sample checks to be conducted using inspection equipment.
- Assist in evaluating non-conformances, recommend solutions including corrective action and future preventative action.
- Report all results & findings.
- Liaison with Internal and external suppliers for concerns raised and non-conforming product and following the appropriate returns procedures to ensure validation of, or return of parts to supplier as required.
- Manage the supplier SQA data log, ensuring all information is recorded with respect to non-conforming product.
- Conduct monthly reviews of supplier non-conformances and generate report.
- Support Production Engineering team with development of quality plans in line with new product introduction.
- Support the management of the company’s QMS and Supplier QMS documentation to assure compliance with ISO9001:2015. Also to include company HSE management systems.
- Management of the calibration of internal tools and equipment.
- Creation and management of NCR’s based on analysis of concerns.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of ONC qualified in Engineering or 3 years’ experience within an automotive, aerospace or other high precision environment.
- 3 years’ experience within a quality position
- Must have the ability to read drawings
- CMM experience
- Methodical and maintain attention to detail.
- Good communication / interpersonal skills.
- PC Literate (Microsoft office).