MPI have a contract vacancy for a skilled Aircraft Stores Person/ Stores Inspector to work in an aircraft hangar at Stansted airport. The position is due to an expansion in work.
Reporting directly to the Stores Supervisor this role will involve assisting with the day to day running of a busy Stores department to provide a proactive and efficient service. The role will require a flexible approach and the ability to multi task is essential.
Main Responsibilities & Duties
- Assist with the day to day running of the Stores department
- Issuing tooling, consumable and rotable aircraft parts to engineers.
- Receiving and inspecting a wide range of aircraft parts in line with operational procedures.
- Ensuring correct material handling and storage conditions are maintained in line with regulation standards.
- Ensuring all dispatched items are routed via the appropriate carriers paying particular attention to the carriage of dangerous goods.
- Performing inventory control, paying particular attention to shelf life items and tooling due for calibration.
- Creating documentation and maintaining logs and archive files.
- The control and disposal of waste products in line with company and environmental regulations
- Keeping a clean and tidy working environment while optimising space utilisation.
- To constantly seek operational improvements to maximise productivity and minimize cost.
- Ensuring the best level of service is offered and maintained for both internal and external customers.
- Driving of company vehicles.
- Out of hours working if and when required
- Perform any other duties within your capabilities as directed by the Company
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role in a logistics environment (Preferably in the aviation industry).
- Previous experience with regards to Quality Inspection and be conversant in aerospace trace documentation
- Computer literate with experience in ERP software and Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Full Clean UK Driving License.
- Current counterbalance license.
Rate Of Pay
£16.00 per hour - Limited
£12.70 per hour - PAYE
Contract will initially be for 3 months with a strong possibility of the contract being extended for the right individual, there is even a possibility that the position could be turned into a permanent position.
Monday – Friday 08.30 am – 16.30pm there is a possibility of overtime.
Please contact Kerrie Hill for further information