MPI have a requirement for a Stores Person to be based at Gatwick Airport.
The shift pattern is 5 on 5 off 4 on 5 off 5 on 4 off and the working hours will be 6:30am to 6:30pm.
The job responsibilities include:
• Maintain the LGW Hangar stores facility including goods receiving, allocation of goods and return of items
• Ensure correct storage of all of components, parts, materials and tools in-line with OEM recommendations and EASA/IAA regulations
• Carry out inspections of all goods received, ensuring correct condition and paperwork requirements are met.
• Monitoring of all Part / Consumable stock levels and shelf life, escalating within the Supply Chain as required.
• Ongoing monitoring of the Store Operation effectiveness – supporting the Lead Store Person with adaptation and creation of procedures to support.
• Work with the Lead Store Person and Tooling Specialists to perform periodic checks of tooling, managing the inventory and maintaining appropriate records.
• To prioritise and prepare aircraft parts in preparation for maintenance inputs.
• To support the cleanliness, tidiness and upkeep of LGW Hangar stores.
• Understand and be able to effectively operate the maintenance system
• Ensure workplace health and safety standards are met
• Ensure Dangerous Goods Awareness is applied at all times
• At least 2 years’ experience working in an Aviation Warehouse / Store environment is required
• Experience in creating and/or adapting Stores procedures is desirable
• Have a working knowledge of Part 145 Store Keeping requirements
• Experience of using AMOS within Stores / Supply Chain is essential.
• Flexibility to travel regularly (sometimes internationally) to support additional working requirements and training opportunities.
• Previous experience of using Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint and ability to learn in house systems.