MPI have a requirement for Permanent Stores Person to be based at Gosport, Hampshire.
37 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Hours worked over 37 per week are paid at an overtime rate of 1.5.
Starting salary £19,000 per annum with ability to increase to £22,500 when fully competent in all areas.
APPLICANTS MUST HOLD A FORK LIFT LICENCE.
Receive, confirm, track, store, dispatch and deliver material from Engine Stores to production facilities. Ensure correct, on-time delivery to support business requirements Position Requirements Key responsibilities and duties:
• To work in a designated area in each of the activities within the department pertaining to Supply Chain, including but not limited to Warehousing, Stock Control, Navixa Material Control, Goods In, Goods Out and Stocktaking.
• Assist Planners and Buyers in locating and directing parts to the appropriate production areas.
• Receipting and location delivery of stock, onto relevant Business ERP System within agreed timescales.
• Update appropriate central spreadsheets as required, providing relevant KPIs for Logistics functions.
• Issue and delivery of stock, in line with planned requirements, KPI’s and within agreed timescales.
• Direct and deliver parts from Material Control and Repair Services to the designated location.
• Collect, pack and issue goods from the Despatch areas on time.
• Ensure correct paperwork, identification and certification received with goods.
• Undertake routine, planned inventory counts and random stock checks as directed.
• Comply with all risk assessment and internal procedures when handling, packing, storing and shipping of Dangerous Goods.
• Carry out the effective collection, recording, receipting and binning locations of Serviceable returns and processing of Unserviceable returns.
• Actively contribute to Continuous Improvement within the Logistics/Supply Chain department.
• Ensure that recording of data required to maintain KPI’s is carried out correctly and in a timely manner.
• Ensure that all communication is clear, concise and where relevant, is escalated through the Line Manager.
• Ensure that health and safety meets the required standards.
• Ensure that all lifting and manoeuvring of products and materials is carried out in accordance with manual handling procedures.
• Ensure hazardous materials are stored in accordance with requirements.
• Ensure that vehicles, machinery and equipment are well maintained and fit for purpose.
• Maintain high standards of security in the warehouse.
• Ensure a clean and tidy working environment to aid operational efficiency.
• Carry out any further activities in support of the business, as required.
• Adherence to Quality Management Systems (QMS), Safety Management Systems (SMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS) and all associated Business Manuals.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Good IT skills, in particular spreadsheets and databases and knowledge of warehouse systems
• Analytical and numerical
• Good understanding of customer deliverables and the impact of failure / cost of poor quality
• Good planning skills and able to meet targets and deadlines
• Excellent attention to detail skills
Professional Qualifications/Education and Training:
• Fork Lift Truck licence
• An appropriate warehousing qualification would be advantageous
• Working within a Supply Chain in an Aerospace MRO environment
• Good understanding of certification requirements
• Knowledge and understanding of lean techniques would be advantageous
This is not an exhaustive list and from time to time additional responsibilities may be provided directly from your Line Manager
If selected you will be required to go through BPSS Security Clearance so applicants must hold the required documentation to enable them to work in the UK.