MPI have a requirement for a Survival Equipment Fitter to work at Northolt. HA4 6NG
Immediate start subject to Security Clearance and DBS.
Salary to be discussed upon application.
Length of Contract: 6 months
Hours: 37.5 per week
General Description of role:
The role involves undertaking various maintenance tasks on equipment used on BAe146, A109 and Islander aircraft in accordance with the Military Aviation Authority’s MRP145 Regulations
Equipment includes: Passenger Lifepreservers, Crew Lifepreservers, Multi-Seat Liferafts, Aircrew Clothing, Passenger and Immersion Suits complete with a variety of other items of Survival Equipment.
Full job description below:
Our Client currently has a vacancy for a Survival Equipment Fitter to work at RAF Northolt (HA4 6NG) to cover maternity leave. The role involves undertaking various maintenance/preparation tasks on Survival Equipment used on various military aircraft in accordance with the Military Aviation Authority’s MRP145 Regulations.
Ideally, the position would suit an ex military Survival Equipment fitter who is IT literate to facilitate completing embedded spreadsheets and maintenance documentation.
In this role, you may be required to take a Colour Blindness test if selected.
The role is required to work flexibly, as part of a 2 person team, in support of the mission at RAF Northolt ensuring excellent contract service delivery which facilitates the safe and effective operation and maintenance of Survival Equipment across the site. Due to the small team and nature of the role, the job will involve some lone working so an ability to work on one’s initiative with a ‘can do’ attitude is essential.
The role is accountable to the SLH Survival Equipment Section operating at the site. Working hours are a 37.5 hr week, Mon – Fri with the flexibility of some call out’s at any other time.
• Servicing and maintenance/repair tasks on Survival Equipment.
• Working within competencies and company authorisations as agreed with engineering management.
• Completion of supporting aircraft documentation in accordance with RAF aviation engineering procedures.
• Awareness on the principles of Health and Safety working practices.
• Compliance with the implementation in the workplace of COSHH regulations and the reading of safety data sheets of materials utilised during tasks.
• Timely reporting of H&S related issues that require management attention
Technical Experience and Qualifications:
• Recognised level of Survival Equipment training (Essential).
• Demonstrable practical experience in the maintenance Survival Equipment (Essential).
• Previous experience of working within the MRP145 or Military environment (Desirable).
• Q-SE-NVG, Q-SE-CPLB and AvMed (Highly Desirable).
• The ability to hold/pass UK SC level security vetting (Essential).
• Full UK driving Licence (Desirable).
• Flexible/adaptable work ethos (Essential).
• A proven track record in a Survival Equipment role within the aviation sector
• Familiar with working to demanding deadlines
• Evidence of air and functional safety education and knowledge, especially in the aviation sector
• Willing to develop further skills
• Ability to operate within a team/corporate ethos
If selected for this role you will be required to apply for DBS background Check and complete BPSS Security – Do not apply for anything unless requested to do so.