MPI are currently assisting our client with their requirement for an Aircraft Survival Equipment fitter as noted below. This is a permanent position with a salary of £25,00-£27,132 dependent on experience.
To maintain and manufacture aircraft and personal survival equipment in accordance with approved requirements and work instructions.
Understand the structure, properties and characteristics of materials used in the construction, maintenance and repair of survival equipment.
Be able to safely select and use hand and mechanical tools and equipment whilst undertaking tasks.
Understand and comply with statutory, quality and organisational requirements for aviation including safety, documentation, occupational health and safety whilst in an aviation environment.
1. Comply with regulatory and organisational requirements for aviation including safety, documentation, occupational health and safety whilst in an aviation environment.
2. Manufacture and repair fabric equipment, working from drawings or patterns and sometimes from a requirement that will need a prototype, drawing and pattern to be created from scratch for approval.
3. Read, understand and interpret engineering data, drawings and Air Publications.
4. Ensure fabric is fit for purpose taking into account load and tension.
5. Certify that tasks are carried out in accordance with work instructions.
6. Use ground support equipment, including gaseous cylinders and charging equipment.
7. Advising customers on modifications and suitable timescales in order to implement appropriate repairs etc.
8. Carry out survival equipment functional checks and fault diagnosis.
9. Undertake any specialised training to fulfil role and train others if required.
- Engineering Apprenticeship, equivalent Armed Forces training such as RAF Trade Group 13 Safety Equipment Fitter, Painter and Finisher (Fabric Work Trained) or equivalent industry experience.
- A Proven track record within the Safety equipment repair industry.
- Good hands skills and the ability to work autonomously.
- IT literate including Microsoft Office.
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
Knowledge of composite helmet construction and repair, and material identification for safety flight equipment.