MPI have an requirement for a Permanent Workplace Training Instructor - Avionics Electrical to be based on site at RAF Valley, Isle of Anglesey.
Monday - Friday, 36 hours 9.00AM - 17.00 PM
About the role: Our Clients are looking to recruit a Training Instructor to carry out technical training in support of the Hawk Contract. You will support the Manager in continuous improvement of all work processes.
To carry out competency-based technical training and assessment for aviation maintenance and inspection personnel in support of the Hawk T2 (AJT) contract. Supporting the establishment of the capability and capacity of the T2 Training Cell in support of providing SQEP personnel to Operational Managers across multiple shift patterns. Support the Training Cell Lead in continuous improvement of all work processes whilst ensuring that the health, safety and welfare at work of all employees is maintained as far as is reasonably practical.
- Undertake duties of On the Job Training (OJT) Assessor relevant to trade
- Establish and maintain register of nominated OJT Supervisors and Assessors
- Carry out other training duties, practical assessments and debriefs appropriate to grade/trade
- Ensure training records are accurate and accessible
- Establish and maintain visual management processes to support training and development of personnel
- Establish and maintain configuration control for learning materials
- Assist with Task Book development
- Maintain instructional standards and procedures to reflect best practice
- Support wider learning and development activities/projects for the Hawk T2 contract
- Manage training resources (including facilities and equipment) to ensure availability, security and suitability before and after use
- Liaise with Part 147 staff in respect of NVQ progression
- Liaise with Part 147 staff in respect of Apprentice Program
- Maintain Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental standards as required by current legislation
- Carry out other duties as delegated by management
Technical Experience & Qualifications
- 5 years’ maintenance experience on Hawk aircraft (or similar type)
- Hold an appropriate aviation based qualification (to a recognised standard) e.g. HNC/ONC/BTEC/C&G/NVQ level 3 in an engineering discipline
- Hold a recognised teaching qualification (at Level 3 or above) or a recognised Train the Trainer Course covering Basic Instructional Techniques
- ‘OJT Trainer and Assessor’ Trained
- Extensive knowledge of MAA regulations and documentation (including Part 145 and Part 147)
- Knowledge and use of IT Operating Systems (MS Office Suite)
If selected for these roles, you may be required to apply for a DBS background criminal check that will cost you £25.00. Do not apply for this unless requested to do so.