Fixed Price Work
Behaviour Based Safety
View brochure online
MPI Limited Rail has been involved with the rolling stock industry since our first major contract with British Rail Engineering Limited in the 1989 and we are still supplying our first two clients after 20 years. Our reputation has grown over the years and we have worked closely with many of the largest train and tube manufacturing companies, maintenance companies and train operators supplying over 35 UK locations at any one time and providing up to 70 personnel per site.
MPI encourages a policy of regular site visits for ongoing project support, appraisals for our staff during the contract and the appointment of team leaders and staff coordinators as required. These measures have helped build MPI’s reputation for outstanding project management, which In turn has enabled us to extend the provision of rolling stock labour overseas to France, Switzerland, Poland, Norway, Finland and Italy.
Our rolling stock capability and experience included new build, commissioning, warranty programmes, modification, maintenance, overhaul, internal and external refurbishment, livery and crash repair.
Our 21 year history of Rolling Stock clients include: BREL, ABB Transportation, ABB Vekehrs Systems, ABB Vehicle Repair Division, ABB Rail Vehicle Group, Adtranz UK & Switzerland, Brush Traction, Hygate Transmissions, Vapor UK, Connex South Eastern, London Underground Limited, GEC Alstom UK and Hong Kong, Central Trains, Vapor Stone UK, Wessex Traincare, C2C, Derby Engineering Unit, Bombardier Transportation Ltd and Wabtec Rail Ltd.
Some examples of Rolling Stock projects that MPI supported include new build, commissioning, warrenty, modification, maintenance, overhaul and internal and external reburbishment and repair. A selection of examples are below:
• LUL Central, Waterloo & City Line - Interlock Replacement
• LUL Bakerloo Line - Door Replacement
• LUL District Line - Door Modification
• MK3 - Major Overhaul C4, Bogies & Doors
• 150 - Flooring Renewal
• 317 - CCTV & Passenger Information System
• 315 - Door Warranty
• 153 - Refurbishment Internal & External
• 143 - Refurbishment Internal & External
• 455 - Refurbishment
• 508 - Refurbishment
• 508 - Crash Repairs
• 365 - Warrranty Programme & Modification
• 465 - Warranty Programme & Modification
• Gatwick Express - Secondary Door Locking
• Channel Tunnel Shuttle - New Build & Commissioning
• 313 - Door control system modification
• 313 - Busline AC to DC conversion, auxilary power socket modification
• Freight wagon bogie overhaul
• 166 - removed and refit refurbished air conditioning
• 315 - Bogie maintenance
• 465 - Shoegear and Tread plates
• MK4 - Doors
• 321 - Bogie overhaul