MPI Limited (MPI) is a recruitment business which provides work-finding services to its clients and work-seekers, as well as a provider of training services. MPI is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and must process personal data (including sensitive personal data) so that it can provide these services – in doing so it acts as a data controller.
This Privacy Notice tells you what to expect in relation to personal information about you which is collected, handled and processed by MPI Limited of International House, The Chase, Foxholes Business Park, Hertford, Herts, SG13 7NN.
We acknowledge and agree that any personal data of yours that we handle will be processed in accordance with all applicable data protection laws in force from time to time. Currently, the Data Protection Act 1998 applies. With effect from 25 May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR”) will come into force, which will change the law.
The information we may collect
The information about you we may collect, hold and process is set out below:
(A) Information collected and processed for finding you a suitable role, or for providing you with training services, is as follows:
· Your Name
· Your Address
· Your Email Address (s)
· Your Telephone Number (s)
· CV/Work History
· Job preference including Role, Geographical Area and Salary
· Any other work related information you provide, for example, education or training certificates
(B) Information in respect of individuals engaged with us previously or who may be engaged with us is as follows:
· In some cases, Permits and Visas
· National Insurance Number
· Full details of job offers and placements
· Outcome of Criminal Record Checks and Security Clearance for certain roles
· In certain cases, medical information
· Financial information (including but not limited to payroll details and terms, HMRC Data, Pension Scheme Details, Court Orders and Statutory Payments)
· A log of our communications with you by email and telephone
This information will have been provided, or will be provided, by you or a third party who we work with, such as a Job Board Company or another employment business or agency. In the case of references, these will be from your previous employer. Medical information may be supplied by a third party such as your GP, Consultant or Occupational Health provider. The outcome of criminal record checks and security clearance checks, where relevant, will be supplied by the Disclosure and Barring Service or other external company applicable to the placement.
How we use the information
The above information is used to provide our services to you in our capacity as an employment business / agency to find you suitable work whether on a temporary or permanent basis based on your requirements as set out below.
The information under A above may be used as follows:
· To Match your skill sets with job vacancies to assist in finding you the positions that most suit you
· To put forward your details to our clients and prospective employers for you to be considered for vacancies
· To place you with our clients and prospective employers
· To keep you informed of available opportunities as they arise
· To keep you informed of the services offered by us
· To provide or assist with the provision of training services
· To advise you of any relevant health and safety briefings
The information under B above may be used as follows:
· To establish that you have the right to work
· To undertake relevant security and criminal record checks as required by our clients and prospective employers and as permitted by law
· To deal with any medical and health and safety issues relating to certain positions
· To put in place contractual arrangements and documentation once a role has been secured
· To pay you if placed
How we hold the information
All the personal data we have is stored on our databases in the UK.
Disclosure of your information
Your CV and related information will be shared or sent to prospective employers, clients and training providers. Once you have secured a placement, additional information will be provided to them to enable the placement to proceed. Such organisations will usually be located inside the European Economic Area (EEA) but may be outside of the EEA. Personal data shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the EEA unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection or the appropriate safeguards are in place for your rights and freedoms. Before such a transfer takes place outside of the EEA, we will provide you with further information concerning this.
Other trusted third parties that we may share your data with are as follows: HM Revenue and Customs, pension scheme providers, legal advisors and other companies for the purpose of undertaking pre engagement checks for the role or for payment purposes. Further, from time to time, we may need to share your data with trusted third party companies for the purposes of business related audit.
What is the legal basis for processing the information?
We will rely on your consent to process the information noted within section A above which is collected at the outset of the recruitment process.
Information and documentation to establish your right to work is processed by us as we are legally obliged to do so.
In respect of medical information, the basis for us processing this will depend on the circumstances, but will usually be for one of the following reasons: it is necessary to protect health and safety or to prevent discrimination on the grounds of disability or where consent has been obtained, if required.
Information in relation to criminal record checks, which is relevant for some roles, will be processed on the basis that it is necessary for us to comply with the law or consent will be obtained, if required.
Once a position has been found for you, we will process your personal data, including financial information, for the purpose of you entering into a contract to fulfil your role and to enable us to pay you, depending on the specific contractual arrangements and circumstances.
For the purposes of paying you, where relevant, we are legally obliged to provide information to HMRC.
Once a placement has been secured, we may also process your data on the basis of our legitimate interests i.e. for administrative purposes.
You currently have the right at any time to ask for a copy of the information about you that we hold. At this time, we have the right to charge an administration fee for this service. When the GDPR comes into force, we will no longer have the right to charge a fee. If you would like to make a request for information please email email@example.com
Effective from 25th May 2018 you will have the following Data Protection rights:
· The right to be informed about the personal data MPI processes on you;
· The right of access to the personal data MPI processes on you;
· The right to rectification of your personal data;
· The right to erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances;
· The right to restrict processing of your personal data;
· The right to data portability in certain circumstances;
· The right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on a public or legitimate interest;
· The right not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling; and
· The right to withdraw consent at any time.
Retention of your data
Your data will be retained for no longer than is necessary and in accordance with our Data Retention processes.
Withdrawal of consent
If you have provided us with your consent to process your data, for the purpose of using our services and us finding you suitable work, you have the right to withdraw this at any time. In order to do so you should contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance or directly to Information Commissioners Office at https:\\ico.org.uk\concerns\.
Please address any questions, comments and requests regarding our data processing practices to email@example.com
MPI 178 Issue 2