MPI have a requirement for an Engine Technician to work in Gosport, Hampshire.
This is a permanent role.
Rate of pay to be discussed on application and is subject to experience .
Approx. 37 hours per week
This position is considered to be a core business activity within the company and contains a number of different tasks. Most activities in the Engine Shop and Test Cell fall under the broad category of Gas Turbine Engine Repair and Overhaul Technician.
A fully trained Engine Fitter is able to complete to a certain degree, tasks related to the Disassembly, Assembly, Inspection, Balancing, Airflow and Test of a Gas Turbine Engines in accordance with the manufacturer specification and company procedures
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment.
- Conduct all work in accordance with company policies, health and safety procedures, quality procedures, manufactures and customer specification and industry regulations.
- Raise Non-conformance reports as necessary.
- Comprehension level of knowledge on product of AD’s, SB’s, CEB’s and SIL’s (Training Provided)
- Perform detailed visual and dimensional inspection of individual parts as per inspection level specified in overhaul or maintenance manual, Detailed Work Instruction (DWI) or Engineering Repair Instruction (ERI).
- Complete all documents related to the work being performed.
- Disassemble engines as per the manufacturer’s instructions
- Visually examine and Detail Inspect engine parts.
- Perform Boroscope Inspections on engines.
- Balance rotating components.
- Assemble main engine, modules and all sub-assemblies.
- Flow test of individual components and assemblies.
- Prepare engine for dispatch.
- Systems (QMS), Safety Management Systems (SMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS) and all associated Business Manuals.
- Strong verbal communication and written skills to work with internal and external stakeholders;
- Keen eye for detail;
- Able to use computers/computer systems;
- Self-motivated, and able to prioritise and manage own workload.
• Good team work and problem solving skills
• Proactive self-learner;
• Team Player
Additional training/experience in a technical field.
- Ability to use basic hand tools.
- Ability to use and care for precision measuring and torque devices.
- Familiarity with quality procedures and documentation including process paperwork, parts routing procedures, Engineering Repair Instructions, Detailed Work Instructions and Non-Conformance Report system.
- Working knowledge of Engine publications and work instructions including overhaul and maintenance manuals, parts catalogues and service bulletins.
- Directly responsible to Operations Team Leader
Professional Qualifications/Education and Training:
- Have a recognised engineering apprenticeship and possess relevant certification
- Human Factors Training.
Form 1 holder;
- Have an engineering background and possess relevant certification (essential)
- Have worked within the industry (desirable)
This is not an exhaustive list and from time to time additional responsibilities may be provided directly from your Line Manager