MPI have a requirement for a CNC Machinist & Machine Tool Assembly Technician for our client based in Kempston, Bedfordshire.
This is a Full-time (37 hours per week), salaried position between £33,000 and £35,000 dependent on experience, reporting to the Workshop Supervisor.
Scope of the role:
The CNC Machinist & Machine Tool Assembly Technician will:
· Produce assemblies and ultra-high precision special purpose machines, within an Innovation environment.
· Produce prototype components for the build, assembly, test and development of high precision special purpose machinery.
Main duties and responsibilities:
· Operate manual and CNC machine tools (Siemens/Fanuc), to mill, turn and grind parts
· Assemble/fit, scrape and manually adjust high precision assemblies and R&D test apparatus to micron tolerances.
· Control the workload of the machine shop and priority projects.
· Manage and plan the machine shop tooling availability, including planning for preventative maintenance activities.
· Give pro-active input into manufacturing processes and the optimisation of assemblies.
· Liaise effectively with projects teams on a technical level.
· Understand and work at all times in line with Companies Values and Directives; specifically following the highest standards of health and safety.
· Carry out any other reasonable duties as requested.
Key skills requirements:
· Proven mechanical engineering experience of working in a precision environment.
· Relevant Engineering qualification in a Mechanical discipline, e.g., HNC/HND, C&G, BTEC, etc., or higher.
· Ability to read, understand, interpret, and manufacture from mechanical component and drawings.
· Self-driven individual with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
· Experience of working within a quality assurance system.
· Ability to work alone or part of a team.
· Has a full UK driving license and passport and prepared to travel occasionally to customer sites in the UK & overseas.