Electrical Wire Person
£18.10 p/h Ltd outside of IR35
The role of Electrical Wire Person is a pivotal one. The workshop is where goods are received, built, tested & dispatched. It is important that goods are received, built, tested, & dispatched in accordance with our quality standards & procedures in a positive manner reflecting our high standards. It is important the workshop is kept clean & tidy to ensure that visitors & colleagues leave with a good impression, & we comply with relevant HSE. The Electrical Wire Person will be based in the workshop & be responsible for the smooth running of the area and its associated tasks. The main responsibilities are detailed below, this list is not exhaustive & should be used as a guideline. The Electrical Wire Person will report to the Works Manager. Our client are a leading independent supplier of Power Protection equipment including UPS, Chargers, Battery Packs, Generators etc., these systems range from standard to complex systems & are supplied to many industries including Defence, Marine, Power, Water etc.
Wiring of jobs
In accordance with issued wiring diagrams, pink master drawings should be followed and marked up with any errors
Assembly of goods, metalworkBuilding of systems in accordance with Assembly drawings, pink master drawings should be marked up with any errors
Kitting jobs as per BOM’s and checklists
Assisting Manufacturing with the assembly of large systems or the production of large quantity projects
Sign for parcels and packages
Checking-in goods paperwork
Raising queries when deliveries do not match the purchase order.
Locating and placing the goods in the correct location
Wrapping items for dispatch from small screws to large, crated items to Company standard
Recycling packaging materials as appropriate
Pick from picking lists.
Liaising with internal personnel to control stock
Stores to be brushed/mopped weekly.
Boxes to be stacked tidily and in accordance with health and safety recommendations.
Rubbish to be disposed of in bins provided
· Assemble and wire control cabinets, racks and test equipment in accordance with the Companies, technical specifications, drawings and work instructions.
· Ensure all work is carried out safely and tidily and in accordance with Health and Safety policies and procedures, including local risk assessments.
· Check own work and report any quality issues.
· Experience working an engineering environment.
· Experience with cabinet wiring.
· Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, functional specifications, work instructions, etc.
· Experience of working within an ISO9001(2015), desirable but not essential.
· Completion of an electrical apprenticeship.
37.5 hours per weekHours flexible between 7:30 – 17:00 (finishing 13:00 on Fridays)