£13.09 - £16.89 per hour
3 month contract
MPI are assisting our client with their current role of IT Support to be based in Sealand, Flintshire
3 month contract
Rates £13.09 paye or £16.89 Ltd (please note that this role falls in-line with IR35) a separate email can be sent to you with full explanation of breakdown of rates.
The post holder is responsible to the Head of IS for delivery of a standalone build environment, domain and laptop image for the Caxton project.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB
• Working with the IS team - design, install and configure the build server environment.
• Prepare and configure laptops for image build.
• Develop, test and build a software image primarily using Windows Deployments Services
(WDS), PXE and utilizing Windows ADK technologies. Ensuring that the image is locked
down in accordance with customer requirements and agreed standards.
• Design and implement Active Directory (AD) services.
• Design and implement Certificate Authority (CA) services.
• Document the build and image environment.
• Write Administration and User Guide Documentation.
• Build Laptops using the developed image.
• Create and configure admin and user accounts.
• Define and apply Group Policies.
• Design, Install, Configure and Test a secure Windows Server environment.
• Design, Install, Configure and Test a secure Windows 10 OS environment.
• Design, Install, Configure and Test a secure Becrypt Encryption environment.
• Design, Install, Configure and Test a secure Ivanti Device and Application Control
• Design, Install, Configure and Test a secure McAfee Anti Virus.
• Design, Install, Configure, and Test Windows Updates Services.
• Design, Install, Configure, and Test Adobe Creative Cloud suite.
• Ensure all drivers for peripherals are installed and tested.
• Ensure work is carried out in accordance with MOD processes and procedures.
• Ensure work is carried out within MOD and NCSC guidelines and best practices.
• Carry out the research and investigation to resolve issues with the build.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
The job holder will be expected to have detailed knowledge of setting up and maintaining desktop, laptop and server build environments.
They will have detailed knowledge and experience in building secure images locked down in accordance with NCSC EUD Security Principles and Guidance
They will have detailed knowledge and experience in server principles
They will have detailed knowledge and experience in implementing security desktop and laptop images to UK Government OFFICIAL level standards.
INTELLECTUAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB
The post holder will be required to make decisions on the solution being developed. Where they are unable to provide a solution they are to work with other team members and undertake research to provide an acceptable answer. The post holder is also required to produce desk instructions for the areas they are responsible for.
The post holder is required to provide advice on the new imaging environment.
The post holder will be required to use knowledge and experience to advise the business on solutions for new requirements ensuring that compliance is maintained.
Strong problem solving skills are required.
The post holder is not responsible for managing others
COMMUNICATION DEMANDS OF THE JOB
The post holder is responsible for communicating on issues and progress of the project with the IT Team and providing update reports to Head of IS.
The post holder is responsible for working with software and hardware vendors where issues cannot be resolved in house.
While the post holder is primarily based in an office environment they may be required to work in server, communications and network rooms/buildings.
There will be a requirement to lift equipment and install it.
The post holder will be expected to perform their duties in the office.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Knowledge and Experience in the installation and management of IT infrastructure.
Knowledge and Experience of Microsoft Windows 10 Desktop Operating Systems
Knowledge and Experience of Client Image Deployment Methods (e.g. MDT).
Experience and Knowledge of Encryption Methods.
Cyber Security Principles Awareness.
Experience at an appropriate level.
Microsoft Certified (Windows, Windows Server).