Job Title: Lead Project Engineer
Contract Dates: ASAP – 05/10/23
To undertake project engineering activities to ensure projects are to the required quality and safety standards and to project timescales. The Lead Project Engineer will be expected to act as the Project Engineering Manager on medium-sized project or to manage an engineering work package on a larger project.
· Support the Project Manager and management team to monitor the progress of works and ensure that the development, design construction, testing and financial targets are met and effect remedial action where required.
· Ensure that the technical standards are maintained in all aspects of signalling project work, in order that safe and successful project implementation and future reliability is achieved.
· Participate in and monitor the planning and progress of works in relation to timeline and budget and ensure that the development, design, construction and testing requirements are met and effect remedial action when required.
· Be the Project Manager’s engineering representative on projects where required.
· Assist with forecasting the overall engineering resources and key skills necessary for allocated projects in sufficient time to ensure that they can be provided.
· Evaluate the quality and technical accuracy of tenders and make recommendations to obtain the best available commercial award for the Company.
· Discharge safety responsibilities in relation to CDM Regulations, Health and Safety legislation, Company procedures including development of the project Safety Plan.
· Act in the role of Contractors’ Responsible Engineer as directed.
· Maintain a continuous communication with contractors and customers in the development and implementation of projects to ensure a uniformity of purpose and common targets.
· Coordinate the engineering activities of sub-contractors.
· Review and assess the engineering aspects of project changes.
· Perform duties as directed by senior management from time to time.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
· Excellent communications skills, understanding of task time and people management.
· Strong leadership skills including an ability to drive a team’s performance.
· Electrical Engineering Degree or equivalent
· Member of the IET, IRSE or other recognised professional body.
· Hold or be working towards IRSE Project Engineer licence.
· Chartered Engineer status.
· To have passed four modules in the IRSE Professional Examinations.
· Extensive experience in all aspects of Signal and Railway Engineering.
· Practical experience of the operational requirements of railway construction works.
· Knowledge of project safety requirements and contract conditions.
· A1 Assessor Qualification