Job Title: Materials Manager (ETCS OBU)
Contract Dates: 04/03/2024 - 20/12/2024
Manage the Material requirements of the ETCS OBU: Freight Project as per the project’s requirements.
Working closely with Siemens Installation Managers, Fitment Partner, Quality Assurance, Engineering and Customer, the Materials Manager shall be responsible for:
- Managing the flow of materials, equipment, goods, supplies, etc., from suppliers and the Factory
- Lead and control materials planning for the allocated classes of locomotives.
- Own the Bills of Materials for allocated classes of locomotives.
- Provide inventory control and order book management through use of the MRP system.
- Work with fitment partner(s) to ensure adequate material is always available for the installation.
- Lead and support continuous improvement activities to increase efficiency and/or reduce risk for the project.
- Warranty management for materials
- Maintain a set of agreed Key Performance Indicators in line with the project’s requirements
- Co-ordinate and arrange all logistics requests for the movement of material and other items to and from fitment sites for allocated classes of locomotives.
- Maintain all required records in accordance with company procedures
- Ensure Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are complied with at all time (on site, in the office, when travelling)
- Promote the safety behavioural culture in the team and develop a safe working environment
- Develop Mental Health awareness
- Must be willing to fill gaps in own knowledge and experience through taking a pro-active approach to learning and seeking information from within and outside the company.
- Demonstrates customer focus in all work carried out.
- Experience of working to industry quality and safety standards.
- Strong and effective communicator at all levels within the business and in front of new and existing customers.
- Demonstrates innovative and creative thinking when performing problem solving initiatives.
- Highly motivated, dependable and self-reliant.
- Proven experience in Rail Vehicles retrofit/modification projects
- Detailed knowledge of Materials and stores management
- Proven experience in warranty management
- Good knowledge of IT systems and software, ideally, SAP
- Experience in project mobilisation and implementing new or existing procedures and processes
This role will involve significant periods of time working at the installation sites as well as travel between sites.