Job Title: R&D Project Manager
Contract Dates: 05/11/2023 – 30/09/2024
A Project Manager is required to join our Research and Development department to drive forward the product development of ground-breaking technology in the rail industry and to manage R&D projects that may be hardware or software related.
The PM will be expected to lead cross functional teams to deliver maximum product value to a range of internal and external customers.
The focus of the role will be on the effective coordination of activities leading to the successful delivery of projects on time and to budget.
The PM will liaise closely with other key roles in the organisation (e.g. programme managers, technical authorities, product line managers, etc.) to ensure the project meets the needs of the business.
- The R&D Project Manager manages projects with full responsibility for project results in the context of delivery to cost, quality, schedule and stakeholder satisfaction.
- Creates project schedules and drives R&D projects in cooperation with stakeholders.
- Executes project within the defined requirements (e.g. regarding targets for project cost, time, quality, functionality and customer satisfaction).
- Ensures business success and satisfaction of the customer by professional stakeholder management.
- Ensures timely decisions about open issues, escalating if necessary.
- Ensures adherence to architecture, design, quality guidelines as well as product security and product safety topics.
- Manages and ensures compliance to standards, working laws, rules and regulations, intellectual property rights.
- Performs risk and opportunity management.
- Performs budget and resource planning as well as generation of project agreement for project.
- Aligns project targets with R&D strategy (e.g. product portfolio, technology roadmap).
- Drives a continuous improvement culture including e.g. reuse, cooperation, knowledge management, lessons learned.
- Ensures appropriate Project documentation.
- Incorporates customer feedback during project execution
What do I need to qualify for this job?
Key Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years expertise as a Project Manager
- Proven delivery record of multiple projects greater than £.5M per year
- Experience of managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Professional accreditation
- Experience with MS Project
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience of safety systems development desirable
- Experience of working in both Classical and Agile development environments desirable
- Aerospace or Transport background is desirable
- Experience of leading hardware and software development desirable
- Experience in projects that developed complex electronics for rail or aerospace desirable
- Good understanding of hardware, software and system development as well as experience with new product introduction desirable
Please apply with an up to date CV to be considered.