Revenue Growth Analyst
Dependent Upon Experience
Becci - (5763)
Revenue Growth Analyst
Address: Liverpool (L1 postcode)
Salary & Benefits: Dependent Upon Experience
*PLEASE NOTE*: Successful candidates will be invited to complete an online assessment and attend an interview.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Revenue Growth Analyst will support the Head of Marketing & Revenue Growth in the development and implementation of a revenue growth plan. Working alongside colleagues in Marketing, Stations and Revenue Protection to drive revenue growth in the day to day business activities. Working alongside the Head of Finance, the Revenue Growth Analyst provides high quality short and long range revenue forecasts – monitoring economic and social developments in the region which may impact performance.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing & Revenue Growth, this role will focus on collaboration with the marketing, stations and revenue protection teams to identify and drive revenue growth opportunities in addition to measuring the performance of existing revenue generating activities. The Revenue Growth Analyst will have the experience and skill set to identify trends, factors impacting revenue, produce reports that enable effective decision making and make recommendations for improving revenue including possible ticketing solutions. The successful candidate should be able to model the revenue impact of a variety of scenarios, work with the finance team to drive revenue, manage external stakeholders, forecast passenger revenue and effectively manage and develop two direct reports
• To support the Head of Marketing & Revenue Growth with regard to revenue analysis and driving incremental passenger revenue.
• Lead and direct the Revenue Growth team, enabling their development and continuous improvement in output quality.
• Working alongside other Commercial and finance teams to drive performance and revenue growth on the network.
• To maintain effective relationships with counterparts within Merseytravel, ensuring that the commercial position for Merseyrail is protected and enhanced.
• To provide high quality reports and analysis for the board of directors on ticket revenue performance and factors impacting upon it.
• To make recommendations on the ticket pricing strategies for the network, with the aim of protecting income whilst encouraging growth.
• To work with external stakeholders and parties (such as the RDG, TFN and Merseytravel – along with operating companies Abellio and Serco) on industry or regional initiatives which impact upon Merseyrail ticket revenue and ticket retailing strategies.
• To undertake specific studies and projects necessary to support or enable the future growth of the business
• To carry out any other tasks as required by the business to ensure the continuing success of Merseyrail.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
• Degree educated or have relevant experience in this sector
• Confidence and presence to work cross-functionally and take the lead as a member of the Executive Leadership Team, contributing to all areas of the business to help deliver business objectives.
• Significant experience in team leadership, with the ability to nurture, develop and manage people in line with the Merseyrail values.
• Degree qualified in a relevant discipline e.g. mathematics, statistics, operational research, engineering or economics.
• Strong data mining and analytical skills, including spreadsheet modelling.
• Ability to communicate revenue performance and issues across the business, and have ability to influence stakeholders to deliver the revenue strategy.
• Strong railway industry knowledge with a well-developed understanding of industry ticketing systems. (DESIRABLE)
• Good people management experience – an ability to develop, manage and continuously improve performance from a team