MPI are currently recruiting for a Site Manager on a permanent basis, for our client based in Kempston, Bedford
This is a permanent position with a salary of £42,000 per year, Monday to Friday with company van or car allowance
The position offers a Pension, 23 days holiday, plus bank holidays. A Paycare scheme and also sick pay.
Opportunities to grow your skills and shape your career towards technical expertise, developing the market or management.
About the client: a specialist water and wastewater process technology and services company who design, build and operate water and wastewater plants for the treatment of municipal sewage and industrial effluent in the UK and Ireland.
Purpose: Ultimate responsibility for the day to day running of the project, generally involving remediation works or other groundworks. Responsibilities include health & safety, productivity, quality, and commercial output. With support from the Project Lead and the project team, the Site Manager has control of site operations, programme, cost, and resources. They are expected to successfully deliver a project within budget and programme, to a high standard of health and safety. Responsible for managing all personnel on their site, including sub-contractors.
Qualifications & Experience Required
Mechanical & electrical background (M&E)
SMSTS (Site Managers Safety Training Scheme)
Full 3 day first aid
Black CSCS Card– Management & Professionals
EUSR – Water hygiene
Temporary Works Coordinator
City & Guilds confined space entrant & topman (Medium Risk) (6160-09)
CPCS appointed person (A61)
Assume responsibility and make decisions as appropriate
Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
Ability to deliver clear instructions, motivate, develop and direct site personnel
Interface with and manage external stakeholders
Ability to prioritise and multitask
• Organising labour and materials.
• Traveling to different sites
• Managing sub-contractors.
• Lead Progress Meeting's.
• Assess the quality of work that the sub-contractors are delivering.
• To assist the quality manager with all QA sign offs.
• Dealing with any technical issues that may arise.
• Making sure that safe working practices are always maintained to company procedures and industry standards.
• Attending everyday meetings with the management and other trades.
• Delivering toolbox talks.
• Arranging inductions.
• To manage the productivity and push the project towards the completion.
• Manage schedule of works
• Liaise with client, subcontractors and partners by having morning daily briefings and regular site meetings
• Compile Install, repair and maintenance programmes
• Assist and enable surveys
• Management of specialist sub-contractors
• Manage Site Health and Safety
Reporting to and working with the Project Manager.
Supervising of all works undertaken
• Provide technical assistance and act as site AP
· Encourage and promote a positive safety culture.
· Be aware of all health and safety processes and procedures – inclusive of in-depth knowledge of the H&S management system and its documents therein (including site specific documents).
· Instigate and monitor work activities on site ensuring and enforcing correct health and safety procedures.
· Identify and encourage others under their supervision to identify and accurately report safety observations and near misses to help promote a positive safety culture.
· Report accidents, incidents and complaints immediately in compliance with Company procedures.
· Undertake site inductions of employees, sub-contractors and visitors.
· Keep appropriate records in accordance with current legislation and as advised by Project Leads and Health and Safety Managers.
· Responsible for the morale, discipline and continued development and training of employees working on site.
· Communication of daily briefings, Tool Box talks, method statements, risk assessments, COSHH assessments and other required documents with the site team (can be delegated to the Site Supervisor where appropriate).
· Reviewing and ensuring sub-contractors method statements and risk assessments to ensure their compliance with Health and safety management system.
· Production of amendment to CPP, risk assessments and methods statements as the site manager feels is required to cover all site activities.
· Ensure that site specific requirements are maintained.
· A good understanding of the contractual requirements of site including an awareness of commercial/ operational constraints. This includes full knowledge of contracted scope of work.
· Ensure that discipline is maintained on site at all times, and actions taken to correct behaviours/ non-conformances where required.
· Ensure that appropriate permits, consents, notices and licences are in place to facilitate works.
· Production of short-term programmes to allow the planning, execution and monitoring of the works and assistance in long term programming in conjunction with the Project Lead.
· Works with the management team to ensure full compliance with SHEQ policies and procedures.
· Liaison on site with the client, the public and other stakeholders.
· Review drawings from production to site install and highlight any potential clashes
· Review and audit sub-contractors and suppliers
· Overseeing temporary works and liaising with sub¬contractors on temporary works implementation
· Site visits with cranage contractor
· Overseeing ground surveys ahead of site works
· Managing enabling works
· Compiling and writing Site/project specific RAMS
· Work with the Project Leads and Commercial team to maintain a thorough understanding of the day-to-day financial aspects of the projects.
· Understand, record and provide all information required by the Project Leads and commercial team.
· Ensure purchase requisitions and delivery of materials are undertaken and completed in accordance with company procedures and to the project specification.
· Ensure that all plant, materials, fuel and labour are organised effectively.
· Ensure weekly cost returns for plant, equipment, labour and materials are accurately completed and submitted on time.
· Be aware of potential business opportunities for the Company and bring these to the attention of senior management where appropriate.
· Maintain computer literacy and be able to prepare and complete company procedural documentation (reports, audits etc.) in accordance with Company IMS procedures.
· Keep daily diary of site activities.
· Manage record keeping and collation of quantities, cost and delivery tickets for import and export of materials.
· Keep detailed, accurate records of plant, equipment, labour and materials.