ongoing as per customer requirements
Immediate start subject to BPSS
MPI have a requirement for a Surface Finish Technician in Stafford ST18 0AY
The Surface Finish Technician prepares and refinishes a wide range of equipment including ground equipment, woodwork, aircraft components, aircrew helmets and airborne gas cylinders.
£12.99 per hour PAYE
1. Restore and finish specialist coatings to equipment to a high standard, according to approved requirements and work instructions, using specific tools and equipment, such as pneumatic, airless, and electrostatic systems.
2. Comply with regulatory and organisational requirements including Health and Safety legislation.
3. Ensure materials are stored safely, order and rotate stock, maintain batch controls and that time expired stock and waste products are disposed of correctly.
4. Ensure that the correct usage of hand operated tools with regard to Hand Arm Vibration (HAV) is recorded and limits are never exceeded
5. Certify that tasks are carried out in accordance with work instructions.
6. Assist other team members when required.
7. Willing to work on deployed activities across the UK.
1. Carry out checks on breathing air and plant to ensure safe working.
2. Understand and comply with statutory, quality, and organisational requirements for aviation including safety, documentation and occupational health and safety whilst in an aviation environment.
3. Measure and record the usage of Volatile Organic Compounds, air movement and temperatures in Spray Bays, surface thickness of coatings and the viscosity of mixed paint where required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Engineering Apprenticeship, Armed Forces equivalent such as RAF Trade Group 13 Painter and Finisher, or equivalent industry approved standard such as ICATS (Industrial Coatings Application Training Scheme).
• Skilled in the use of paint spraying equipment.
• Trained in the use of Dry Powder application using electrostatic equipment and the operation of ovens.
• Trained in the use of shot-blasting booths and plastic media cabinets.
• Knowledge of preparation including degreasing, pre-treatments, masking, filling, and sanding.
• Knowledge of fibreglass and body filler repairs.