MPI are looking for a Logistics Coordinator on a fixed term contact for our aviation-based customer based at Southend Airport.
The Logistics Coordinator will be responsible for the efficient and effective running of purchasing functions and import and export control. The ability to multi task and work under pressure are essential requirements of this role.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
· Purchasing a wide range of aircraft parts and materials in line with operational procedures.
· The timely placement of purchase orders and delivery of parts in line with operational requirements.
· Resolving and investigating supply chain errors and examining via root cause analysis.
· Ensuring the highest level of service is provided and maintained for both internal and external customers.
· Ensuring parts and materials are purchased at the most competitive price.
· Assist in developing and implementing policies and procedures for Materials Purchasing and ensuring these are understood.
· To carry out a comprehensive review of the Purchasing function and its methodology and identify and suggest operational improvements for approval by the Line Manager
· Identify new suppliers including discount structures and volume rebates.
· Responsible for monitoring, on a daily basis shipment arriving from outside the EU, on a monthly basis the MSS data reports and for ensuring a system is in place to answer any queries raised by Customs and Excise. Ensuring that information which is incorrect is rectified within 2 months as directed by Customs and Excise. Creating quarterly Inward Processing Reports (IPR) for Customs and Excise including additional information if required.
· Ensuring the correct incoming information and export licenced is used prior to controlled exports (Military) being shipped and providing an annually report.
· Ensure perpetual inventory is carried out and yearly stock takes.
· Control RTP (return to parts) Material to demand, manage donors units and service exchanges through the WIP cycle.
· Control of consignment stock and consignment’s out at consignee’s premises.
· As a Goods Inwards Inspector stamp holder assist with the booking in of purchased and customer supplied parts and signing off C of C’s of parts sold.
· Perform any other duties within your capabilities as directed by the Company
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
· Demonstrable experience in a similar role in a purchasing environment within the aviation industry.
· Computer literate with experience in ERP software and Microsoft Office.
· Excellent organisational and communication skills
· Full Clean UK Driving Licence
· Material inspection experience
RATE OF PAY:
Fixed Term Contract Until April 2022
£12.31 Per Hour - PAYE
Monday - Friday
Candidates who wish to apply please email a CV to Kerrie Hill email@example.com