Assembly Division Engineering Leader
Our Client is looking for an energetic, conscientious, and driven person who interacts well with other people to join their Assembly Division Team, based in Stacey Bushes, Milton Keynes.
You’ll be leading a team of 20 engineers and joining a dynamic nationwide sales network of 250 people at one of the UK's leading distributors of industrial automation and control products.
Having just celebrated their 40th birthday, our client is looking towards a bright future as a growing part of an independent family-owned company with global market leadership (44,500 people, an annual turnover of 21.6 billion euros) in B-to-B distribution of electrical products, solutions and related services.
If you are looking for a company that has a long-term vision and cares about its people and the planet, then you are looking for this company which spans 44 countries and is constantly striving to create stimulating opportunities for the future.
The role of Assembly Division Engineering Leader includes the potential to grow and build your own career.
IF YOU ARE THE PERSON THEY ARE LOOKING FOR?
You will have overall responsibility for the Assembly Division who for many years been manufacturing panel wiring systems for customers at all stages of the manufacturing process.
You will be responsible for a team of trained wire-persons and assemblers who offer a high level of service utilising the extensive range of stock within our Milton Keynes Logistic Centre. You will deliver customer value through the fast turnaround of high quality standard and custom build assemblies saving time and money with ‘ready to fit’ assembly solutions. You will be expected to drive profitability with respect to P&L, performance, production, and the team.
You will be key in ensuring the desired level of business operation are achieved in line with the business goals and objectives.
So, we are looking for someone with initiative, drive, determination, eye for detail self-motivated who can speak to all stakeholders of the business and wider arena to gain buy in and work towards a common goal. Is that you?
SO, WHAT IS THE ROLE OF ASSEMBLY DIVISION ENGINEERING LEADER?
- You will be responsible for interfacing into the commercial team to drive sales growth and profitability, managing technical elements efficiently and effectively to ensure the best solution is provided.
- Be responsible for monthly business reports detailing operational performance, engaging with not only team members but others in the wider business.
- Guiding and developing the Assembly team to ensure rigorous planning and scheduling is achieved, monitoring performance levels across the team, and providing development opportunities and training for all.
- Take charge of your personal development and contribute to the evaluation of performance in line with the Companies core competencies and learning and development framework.
- Observe Health & Safety policy and procedures
- Take on additional tasks in order to meet company, departmental, project related or developmental objectives.
- You will need a solid education with GSCEs (or equivalent) in Maths and English.
- Ideally be qualified to at least HNC/D level in electrical engineering
- The ability to plan and prioritise is key to ensure projects are taken through to conclusion.
- Have extensive experience of electrical systems and components business to business solution selling.
- Technical interests, specialist skills and experience are important for long term success
- Previous experience within a commercial / B2B sales environment are essential, preferable within a manufacturing environment.
- You will need to be able to influence, motivate, build trusting relationship but also deal with challenges. These skills are critical for the role.
- Previous experience in managing a panel builder workshop would be advantageous.
WHAT THEY CAN OFFER YOU
You will receive a basic salary of £45,000 and will be entered into the Assembly bonus scheme, you will be provided with a Company Car / Car allowance
Your working week lasts 37.5 hours and you will be entitled to 25 days holiday a year with the option to buy or sell up to 6 days each year.
You will also have the option of a healthcare cash plan, private medical cover and group life assurance as well as auto-enrolment in our pension scheme
You will be based in Milton Keynes, an up and coming city with many opportunities in the local area and within easy travelling distance to London and many other bustling cities and stunning countryside.
Are you ready to make a difference?