MPI are looking for a Controls & Commissioning Engineer for a permanent position with our client who is based in Cranfield, Bedfordshire.
Scope of the role:
Providing control system design and machine commissioning assistance to compliment and expand the existing engineering capabilities. Working as part of a team on specialised technical engineering projects.
Main duties and responsibilities:
· Designing ‘Ultra Precision’ machine tool control systems.
· Machine system programming (C program language).
· PLC programming (IEC 61131-3).
· Commissioning and error correction of ‘Ultra Precision’ machine tools.
· Managing R&D control system projects.
· Liaising with customers on technical and commercial queries.
· Working within the ISO9001-2008 quality system.
· Keeping up to date with latest control system developments and industry standards.
· Assisting project managers with machine specifications and costs.
· Assisting with customer visits and demonstrations
· Occasional travel within the UK and overseas.
Key skills requirements:
· Relevant Engineering degree such as Controls Engineering or Mechatronics.
· Servo theory alongside PLC and C programming is essential.
· Soldering skills, fault finding skills and the ability to read electrical drawings.
· Matlab/Simulink programming alongside mechanical or metrology experience would be advantageous.
· Previous use of Oscilloscopes, Multimeters and Frequency generators.
· Knowledge/use of Metrology lasers and other Metrology equipment.
· Experience of computer software analysis packages
Salary to be discussed at application
37 hours per week.