MPI are currently recruiting for an Electrical Test / Commissioning Engineer for our client in St Albans.
This is a contract role with the possibility of a permanent position for the right candidate.
the rate is £16.00 to £20.00 per hour
This position would be based between the Company premises located in St Albans and the client’s project sites.
The ideal candidate should have experience in the electrical testing of LV switchboards including such items as protection relays, controls and metering. Experience of PLC systems would be an advantage.
The ability to read and understand electrical schematic diagrams is essential. The ability to test and demonstrate the operation of switchgear at client inspections, either at the Company premises or at project sites, is essential.
The main roles with this position include (but are not limited to) the following:
• Electrical test of LV switchgear and control panels.
• Carry out tests witnessed by clients and their representatives at the Company premises.
• Carry out site acceptance tests witnessed by clients and their representatives at project sites.
• Liaise with clients and their representatives during witness tests in the factory and at project sites.
• Liaise with the Company Directors and Project Engineers.
• Prepare test certificates and associated documentation.
• Carry out wiring modifications when required.
When not fulfilling the main role of electrical testing / commissioning, other duties would include the fitting and wiring of electrical power components together with the installation of main busbar systems within sheet metal enclosures when required.