Job Title: IT Support Technician
Contract Dates: 26/02/2024 – 30/09/2024
The Application Development Architect wIT Operations Professional will be responsible for providing business continuity by supporting the End User community regarding the following activities at both their main office location and other remote sites in your region.
• IT Equipment Setup & Handover to Users within the Business
• IT Equipment Asset Management / Stock Control
• Incident Management – Resolving all IT Incidents / Service Requests which are under your remit.
• Basic Network Connectivity Demands
• Basic Network Incident Management Troubleshooting
• Supervise 3rd Party Engineers undertaking installation, configuration, repair and decommission of depot IT.
• Windows Active Directory - Domain Account & Access Rights Management
• New Site Setups & Decommissions
o Network Connectivity – LAN & WAN
o IT Desktop Connectivity – Monitor, Docking Station, Keyboard & Mouse setup.
• Printer Connectivity Demands – Connecting users to printers / Local Contact for Printer Delivery / Collection
• Provide Local Users with IT Guidance
• Provide Support & Assistance to IT Senior Site Manager as and when required.
You will be working in a challenging and diverse customer facing role representing IT by delivering a first-class service and experience.
Strong interpersonal and relationship skills are required to work closely with both managers and employees within the business and colleagues in both IT Site Management and User Engagement teams across the UK.
Time & Task Management are key skills which are required to deliver to strict deadlines to ensure all IT users have appropriate equipment to carry out their roles efficiently.
The IT Operations Professional will report to the IT Senior Site Manager as part of the Chippenham based IT team, supporting end users in multiple locations across their specific region in the UK.
• Analytical and Logical Mindset to assist with troubleshooting IT issues.
• Understanding of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems and basic software installation
• Installing Operating System and Relevant software to laptops following Siemens standard processes and tools
• User configuration and testing of laptop prior to handover
• Updating Tasks in Online IT Portal system to show latest status of request.
• Liaising with Users and Managers to ensure optimal handover times are executed.
• Provide Handover of IT Equipment both ‘In Person – Face to Face’ and ‘Online’ via Microsoft Teams / Telephone.
• Updating Laptop Stock Control System and ensuring optimal Stock Control levels are maintained.
• Provide Guidance & Assistance to Users with installation & configuration of Corporate Mobile Devices (Apple iPhone, iPad & Samsung devices)
• Basic Understanding of IT Networks and troubleshooting
• Basic Understanding of Windows Active Directory Users and Computer Management
• Self-motivated, work effectively without direct supervision and is committed to delivering a quality output within a fixed timescale.
Knowledge & Experience
• Ability to troubleshoot basic IT laptop hardware, software, and network faults.
• At least 12 months experience of working in an IT support environment.
• Able to follow defined processes and procedures and apply logical thinking when required.
• Ability to work alone but also possess good team player mentality.
• Strong interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with people at all levels throughout the organisation.
• Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and keen attention to detail.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Flexibility to travel to UK sites within Southwest region of UK.
• Full clean UK Driving License required.
Formal Education & Certification
• BA or BS degree in the field of Computer Science or a related field and/or equivalent work experience desired but not essential