Becci - (5823)
Location: Liverpool (L1 postcode)
Pay: £28,000 p/annum
Permanent, full time position
*PLEASE NOTE*: Successful candidates will be invited to complete an online assessment and attend an interview.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Marketing & Revenue team for the newly created position of Marketing Officer, who will report in to the Marketing Manager and support them in the development, delivery and measurement of revenue generating marketing campaigns.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the Marketing Officer will develop and deliver Merseyrail’s revenue generating marketing campaigns, driving passenger journeys and the associated revenue streams. The Marketing Officer will be responsible for delivering partnership and sponsorship activity and carrying out post campaign analysis on all activity delivered. The role will help to drive passenger journeys and revenue by working with agencies to help deliver engaging creative and targeted media plans, supporting the Marketing Manager in analysing campaign performance and delivering partnership objectives.
• Grow passenger journeys and associated revenues, using market research, revenue analysis and local knowledge to identify areas of opportunity.
• Deliver, creative marketing campaigns to engage target audiences and generate a strong return on investment.
• Write engaging copy for print materials including posters, media ads and leaflets and for digital materials including the website and social media.
• Work with external agencies including creative, media and research agencies, ensuring budgets are spent appropriately and all spend is tracked.
• Assist the Marketing Manager in ensuring appropriate media channels are used to engage target audiences and budget is spent sensibly and effectively. Work with these agencies to build effective media campaigns.
• Support in delivering market research to gain insight that will define marketing strategies.
• Develop effective partnerships with external businesses and leisure destinations that can help drive passenger journeys and associated revenues.
• Maximise sponsorship relationships, ensuring all parties receive agreed benefits.
• Measure and evaluate all marketing activity, producing reports for stakeholders. This involves working with the Ticketing & Revenue Team to ensure marketing campaigns can be measured as effectively as possible and using all digital analytics available to evaluate and create post campaign analysis.
• Work with the Digital Marketing Manager to ensure digital channels are used to support marketing campaigns and engage audiences.
• Work with the Business Partnership Manager to utilise corporate client’s channels of communication and to push marketing campaigns through them.
• Work with the Employee Communications Manager to ensure all marketing activity is communicated to staff.
• Manage budgets, ensuring they are spent effectively and value for money is secured.
• Explore innovation and introduce when relevant to enhance marketing activity.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
• A marketing qualification relevant to the role.
• Proven experience of delivering creative marketing campaigns.
• Experience of working with external marketing agencies, including experience of media buying.
• Strong knowledge of the media opportunities available locally to the Merseyrail network.
• Remarkable analytical skills to measure all marketing activity effectively.
• The ability to gain insight into audiences using different types of research.
• The capacity to develop effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Excellent copy writing skills and exceptional attention to detail.