Job Title: Planning Manager
Contract Dates: 28/06/2021 - 21/12/2021
As a member of the planning function, you will carry out Project Planning activities as detailed below. You will take a pro-active role in, monitoring and resolving issues, actions and risks in a way that would be expected of a senior member of the project team.
· Develop fully baselined, resource loaded, labour costed and logic linked project schedules in accordance with Invensys Rail Project Management and Planning processes.
· Schedules should contain all agreed activities, deliverables, milestones, client deliverables and should be based on the Work Breakdown Structure.
· Work with Project Managers, Finance Managers and Project team to ensure project schedules are accurately maintained resource loaded and costed.
· Provide regular reports on project status meeting internal reporting requirements.
· Work closely with the client to provide regular reports as per client requirements (and contractual obligations).
· Implement and maintain project monitoring processes, such as KPIs, total float, EV, resource and costing profiles based upon company process guidelines and planning best practice.
· Perform critical path analysis and advise of possible actions and areas of concern.
· Perform analysis and scenario modelling for any potential project change and be able to provide risks, issues, cost, resource and delay analysis.
· Work Closely with Site and Possession Planners to ensure cohesion between these different activities and the main Project Schedule.
· Highlight problem areas and issues and suggest remedial action.
· Provide Earned Value and KPI reports internally and to the client.
· Implement Risk Analysis on project and possession schedules.
· Initiate and maintain close liaison with all members of the Project team, client representatives and the Programme Management Office.
· Leadership of a team of Planning Engineers assigned to the same project(s) as appropriate.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
· Degree/ HND/ HNC level or relevant experience.
· Experience in Project Planning, preferably in the Rail industry.
· Experience of working within a Project delivery environment.
· PC literate with experience in the use of Windows packages (Word, Excel, etc).
· Technical expert on Primavera P6 (Advanced User).
· Good working knowledge of Microsoft Project or appropriate planning tool.
· Self-motivated with sound interpersonal skills coupled with a confident style of behaviour.
· Good attention to detail and good time management.
· Ability to manage other Planners on the same project.
· Good presentational skills.
· Good analytical skills with the ability to provide solutions to issues.
· Strong communication skills when dealing with senior project staff.
· Rail Industry experience.
· Engineering background.
· Project Management experience.
· Team Leadership or Management experience.