MPI are looking for a SMT Operator for a permanent position for our small/medium electronics client who is based in Bedfordshire.
The SMT operator will set up and operate a variety of automatic or semi-automatic machines. Responsible for the operation and care of potentially large-scale manufacturing machinery including actions such as feeding materials for processing, adjusting settings, performing minor repairs, and pulling finished product from the line. The SMT operator works from process sheets or written/verbal instructions given by supervisor to perform production tasks.
• Daily setting & operating of SMT and other equipment and machinery to meet targets & deadlines
• Using paste machine & re-flow equipment
• Inspection of surface mount assemblies as they go through the line and rectification of any faults found
• Operate computer-controlled surface mount assembly machinery to successfully assemble surface mount technology printed circuit assemblies.
• Daily upkeep of surface mount component stock, labelling, boxing and storing.
• Liaising with relevant departments to ensure all surface mount assemblies are manufactured to the correct specification
• Ensuring all work is carried out to a high standard in an accurate and timely fashion
• Completing batch traceability documentation for all surface mount assemblies
• Completing Quality Records on route card
• Carry out preventative maintenance to surface mount equipment & all other machinery adhering to procedures and maintenance plans that have been established
• Professional and proper use of all surface mount equipment to maintain a clean and tidy work area at all time
• Fill in time sheets accurately on a daily basis
• In addition to the responsibilities and duties listed above, the SMT Machine Operator/Technician will be required to undertake any other duties assigned by the Production Director
• Weekly / monthly maintenance tasks
• Set up of machinery
• Monitoring the pick and place reels for stock accuracy and reporting any defects
• Filling in all required paperwork
• Ensuring production schedules are adhered to and covering breaks / lunch / overtime to make sure we do not fall behind
Quality / H&S:
• Inspection and check of other machine operators.
• Experience in programming or AOI is beneficial.
£20K and 25K dependent on experience
Full time (40 hours per week).
Mon to Fri 8.30 until 5PM, 30 minutes for lunch
28 Days Including Bank Holidays.
Company pension scheme