Job Title: Telecoms Project Assurance Engineer
Contract: 6 Months (possibility of an extension)
Location: Stratford, London
We are looking for a Telecoms Project Assurance Engineer for an initial 6 Month Contract based in Stratford, London.
This will be to provide Feasibility and assurance. Feasibility studies for the provision of public telephones and associated circuits at UWC, FP and bridleway crossings associated with IOMSL’s and OMSL’s to include but not conclusive…
- Independent Design &Delivery assurance PACE / GRIP 1-8 Risk analysis Interface with NR Stakeholders & Client
- Determine by working with the route team if a phone is the best mitigating option for a MSL crossing in dark mode
- Undertake pre design surveys desktop/site to identify what would be needed to design and provide a fixed public telephone at a crossing which is currently SLL such as; is there copper nearby and can we use it, if there isn’t copper nearby is there an FTN node nearby, can we use the FTN node to provide the circuits to site and to the signal box and does it have spare capacity, what type of concentrator is at the panel, is the concentrator fit for purpose and dos it have capacity. Consider these and any requirements for provision of a fixed public telephone to be provided on site and on the concentrator at the affected panel
- Consideration of GSM/GSMR phones at crossings where a fixed phone is not the best solution either due to technical difficulties in its provision or any other reason.
Design and delivery
- Assist the telecoms designer in entering the A and B ends and interface cards of that telephony circuit into the TENE NRDT tool so that the TENE designers can produce a transmission design for that circuit.
- Working with the designer to ensure the design is as per expectations and is to the requirements of the NR Anglia telecoms team ensuring compliance with RRD and relevant standards.
- Ensure that the Anglia NRT team are liaised with during design stages and invite them to site during construction.
- Design reviews and implementation, DRN comments and submitting design to the RAM for approval having ensured the RAM is involved in the process from feasibility.
- Ensure the construction is implemented to design and the relevant NR standards and the RRD.
- Provide assurance for the whole process of phone provision from conception to commission.
5 days a week minimum 8 to max 12 hours on day rate inside IR35
Expenses to be billed separately.
Please apply with an up to date CV to be considered.